Fuel Prices, Northern & Southern Broads

ranworthbreeze

• 8 months later...

I too have been noticing the price of road fuel has been creeping up.  Weekly it seems.

From empty it is now costing me over £100 to fill Trevor up to the brim. I always get somewhat disappointed if it goes over the £100 mark.

This is before the 'Evergiven' scenario has had any effect too :default_sad:

Griff

They have refloated the ship so not too long and hopefully the canal will be back to normal once they have shifted the backlog of shipping waiting there.   I always feel it doesn't matter what it is , if there is a chance to make a buck or two out of a crisis they do.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

When we got fuel from Swancraft just over a week ago, Paul was most apologetic. He’d recently taken delivery of fuel, and the price had risen so much he’d been forced to raise the price of his fuel by about 20p or so. I like how he’s so upfront and honest.

15 hours ago, BrundallNavy said:

Been a while since this thread was updated.  Boulter’s as of yesterday was £1.16/ltr. 

Boulters are still the cheapest the cheapest on the Broads and with their loyalty scheme they charge £20 for a two tank pump out compared to Brooms £1.51 per litre and £36 for a two tank pump out.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 05/03/2022 at 08:23, BroadAmbition said:

so it could go up much further ?

It most certainly could and probably will

Griff

I’ve just read an email from a fellow Moonlight Shadow syndicate member reporting that Broom are currently charging £1.90 per litre for diesel, which equates to more than £8.60 a gallon for those that still think in old money!  If diesel keeps going up like this, the hire yards that charge all inclusive prices will be going out of business, unless they have a clause in their contracts that allows a fuel surcharge to be added!!

• Sad 2

In an effort to be more environmentally friendly, Brooms uses GTL which is more expensive anyway. However, charging 1.90 must be very recent as I seem to remember filling Lightning last weekend at 1.57.  

I would imagine that the retail price is cost + margin, whereas all inclusive will be at cost only. 

18 minutes ago, sgbatyork said:

In an effort to be more environmentally friendly, Brooms uses GTL which is more expensive anyway. However, charging 1.90 must be very recent as I seem to remember filling Lightning last weekend at 1.57. . . . .

Not sure that GTL is worth 62p per litre more than Boulters diesel.  Personally, I think that Broom are taking the opportunity to make a few extra quid, that can be blamed on the war in Ukraine.  You’ll gather that I’m not a Broom fanboy!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mouldy said:

I’ve just read an email from a fellow Moonlight Shadow syndicate member reporting that Broom are currently charging £1.90 per litre for diesel, which equates to more than £8.60 a gallon for those that still think in old money!  If diesel keeps going up like this, the hire yards that charge all inclusive prices will be going out of business, unless they have a clause in their contracts that allows a fuel surcharge to be added!!

One of our many reasons for going back onto the Northern Rivers is because of the Brooms fuel and pump out charges, our last charge for both toilets was £36 compared with Boulters £20 for both toilets and their fuel charges are the cheapest on the Broads. Horning Pleasurecraft is now the mooring home for many of the Syndicate boats on the Broads.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1