Nothing

As I only usually comment on a few topics I have obviously been missing out on what`s been going on,  so rather than highjack another`s thread I have listened to what some have said and started a new one.

Now I know very little about nothing so I would be interested in others opinions, I do know a bit about somethings so don't mind if the thread diversifies to cover that and although I know very little about everything I expect someone else will and I am willing to listen and possibly learn although there again I might already know more than they do so I am looking forward to a lively debate that could enlighten us all about nothing or something or maybe everything, on the off-chance the debate gets a bit to lively and people get a bit carried away the only thing I would ask is that all teddies have soft fillings, all dummies are new preferably from Mothercare as they need the income and any buns thrown are Belgium ones as I like the red bit in the middle.

Should the thread expand to cover anything I would remind the respected members from somewhere that the original topic of the thread was nothing and could we please return to discussing that and whether there is a North-South divide on the value of nothing rather than the values of anything, should the mods decide that this topic is to controversial and lock or remove it I will accept their decisions and even if I am suspended  I won`t comment on their decision or others opinions.

Fred 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

This sounds like the difference between the "expert" and the "Man in the street".

The expert has a sound education and starts his career knowing  a great deal about a very little. As time goes on he learns more and more about less and less, until he knows everything about nothing.

The man in the street, however, has less education but more experience. He starts off knowing a very little about a great deal and as time goes on, he learns less and less about more and more, until he ends up knowing nothing about anything.

Was this what you meant?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

According to a song I heard recently I compare very nicely with nothing.......

No mention of something or anything though she did bang on about fancy resturants n such

Edited by WherryNice
slipped in all the words I missed out the first timr

Just something and nothing really (so still on topic)  ,   was watching morning TV earlier and they were asking folk in the street if they understood the single market etc.    Well one chap had a good reply.  the single market , yes I am really into that, there are not enough single women about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Nothing is a fasinating subject and I've spent most of my life trying to learn everything about nothing.
I even studied nothing at school and college so do feel qualified to comment.
Nothing got in the way of me studying nothing.

I learnt early on that knowing everyting about nothing was easy when I opened a cupboard and it was empty,
my  mum said "there is nothing in there" so I spent some time learning about the contents.
It seemed so easy to know everything so I thought there must be a catch, that's why I studied it so much.

Much later in life I realised that nothing doesn't exsist, so there is nothing to know about nothing and I had wasted my studying years.
Of course, realising nothing doesn't exsit I had at least learnt something about nothing.
So now I tell my grandchildren about nothing, I explain nothing in great detail, in the hope they will learn something.

• Like 2

Right you lot, You've really annoyed me now, really got my gander up.

In life there are those who know nothing and talk about it endlessly. there are others who just sit there and think about nothing. and to be honest you're all bloody pests to those of us who don't hide behind words, don't sit and think about nothing, we roll up our sleeves and get on and do nothing.

I've been doing nothing for years. I started doing nothing as soon as I started school, and have been at it ever since. So all you talkers and thinkers, get out of the way of us actual dooers.

Rant over.

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, EastCoastIPA said:

You can't make something out of nothing, but you can make nothing out of something!

That nothing is also something then only you get the idea to make it something, now reversing it again to nothing is like again making it something.

I'm certainly good for nothing however it's never really been good for me - which is a shame because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of this forum and other free forums, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.

I think I've strayed off topic!! 

• Like 3