Trapshot

Hi all,jus,t to introduce myself and say hello, great to see so many restoration projects going on.Have just finished my sea going project and decided to buy a Broads gentleman's yacht.Purchased fron two people whe sailed he for 10yrs ish and kept her in good shape until 2017 when being .laid up in Cox's yard, Barton Turf.

So am now the new owner of Elusive a 34ft gaffer built in 1933 by Barnhams. Hope to have her back in the water in June all being well, depending on how quick they can get her in the shed for new planks.

Am from the Lincoln area so not far from Wroxham and hope to meet with other members soon.

Paul

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Trapshot said:

Hi all,jus,t to introduce myself and say hello, great to see so many restoration projects going on.Have just finished my sea going project and decided to buy a Broads gentleman's yacht.Purchased fron two people whe sailed he for 10yrs ish and kept her in good shape until 2017 when being .laid up in Cox's yard, Barton Turf.

So am now the new owner of Elusive a 34ft gaffer built in 1933 by Barnhams. Hope to have her back in the water in June all being well, depending on how quick they can get her in the shed for new planks.

Am from the Lincoln area so not far from Wroxham and hope to meet with other members soon.

Paul

Welcome from another newbie!  Having just renovated a boat myself, expect it to take three times as long and cost twice as much!

• Like 1

This season we started with a few bow boards. Ended up with two new oak chines new stern oak main member and 58ft of new Iroko boards. And a new paint job. 

After that lot they then got to the stuff we had planned to do LOL. 

Such is boating 

M

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all and sorry for the delay in continuing my last post, but we at last got started on our new boat Elusive. 9 new planks to replace as a earlier owner had Larch instead of Mahogany, must have saved about 5 Bob so now will be ripped out.. Got started last week and stripped the topside paint back to bare wood and started sanding, did it by hand in 2days with a hot gun and Scarston scaper, just 2 of us. Boat goes into Cox's shed after bank hol , new planks and splines topside Epoxy coated and back into varnish. We shall be in the yard over the next long weekend completing final paint and antifoul strip,pop in and say hello if your passing.
Regards Paul and Ann20190418_164716_resized(1).jpeg20190426_132619_resized.jpeg20190426_132628_resized(1).jpeg20190418_153510_resized(2).jpeg20190426_162917.jpeg20190426_132007.jpeg

• Like 8

Sorry for the delay in the welcome Trapshot. Another Yellowbelly Lincolnite here...looking forward to the new bypass being started/finished! :default_norty:
Thanks Tim, and cant wait for the new rd ourselves, living in Canwick is a pain getting in and out of the village.Hope we may get the chance to meet sometime and compare projects. We still have a 35ft yacht in Gy ,just going up for sale on Boatshed this week.