Nbn Forum Logo

jeffbroadslover

1 hour ago, jeffbroadslover said:

Is there any way I can print out a copy of the NBN logo onto A4 ?

I am going to be afloat in 3 weeks time and would like to be able to display the logo in the windows of the boat.

Thanks for any help,

Jeff

There are static cling versions of the window stickers available - They are designed to be used on hireboats as you can remove them after.

5 hours ago, jeffbroadslover said:

I am going to be afloat in 3 weeks time and would like to be able to display the logo in the windows of the boat.

Thanks for any help,

Jeff

Buy a burgee, then a small flagpole from Brian Wards, and put it on the boat. We have that whenever we go on Lightning. So if anybody see`s Lightning afloat, and she`s displaying an NBN burgee on the aft grab rail, it`s most probably Karen and me.

11 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Buy a burgee, then a small flagpole from Brian Wards, and put it on the boat. We have that whenever we go on Lightning. So if anybody see`s Lightning afloat, and she`s displaying an NBN burgee on the aft grab rail, it`s most probably Karen and me.

Hi Neil,

As you may well know on Ranworth Breeze we fly the NBN burgee all year together with our wind indicator on the bow rails. We have a spare one for when it gets too tatty. 

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Has anyone thought about actually answering the OP's question rather than offering other options that I would imagine have already been found to be 'not what was wanted' for whatever reason.

I too would be interested in a reply as I would have use for such an item.

I rather suspect, but cannot be sure, that most of the tongue in cheek replies are actually pointing the OP towards the forum shop where the forum logo, which I suspect is the intellectual property of the forum can be purchased for a small donation to forum funds! There appears to be two versions available, adhesive if you own the boat and want a more permanent solution, or clingy if you are on a hire boat, or I guess even syndicate boat where not all members may want a permanent logo displayed.

My personal choice would be the pennant as this also acts as a wind guide.

I realise that I haven't directly answered the original question asked but have provided other fairly cheap alternatives!

• Like 2

What I want is not available from the forum, but I do know that were I to get an A4 print of the forum logo, I could have what I'm after made. I could then use it and if sufficient people thought it a good idea, the forum could add it to the list of available items.

As I am still on my boat at the moment, I cant show what I want, perhaps when I return home I will be able to.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

What I want is not available from the forum, but I do know that were I to get an A4 print of the forum logo, I could have what I'm after made. I could then use it and if sufficient people thought it a good idea, the forum could add it to the list of available items.

As I am still on my boat at the moment, I cant show what I want, perhaps when I return home I will be able to.

A four pint NBF tankard ?

I have that too, I was seeing if I could make it into an editable word document, the big problem is the gradient fill in the area the user name sits- see example below, all you would need to do is edit the 'Name' to your forum name, I was just attempting to get the gradient fill in the text box a bit better match

NBN Editable Word Poster.docx

yes, but the colour fill in the bottom half where the name goes is a gradient fill and its not that easy to match to the original as when I get the one side correct, you can see the edge of the other, as you see in my example above the left side of the text box matches the original background but the right side doesnt particularly match.

On 04/09/2019 at 14:18, jeffbroadslover said:

Thanks for any help,

Jeff

Hi Jeff... As the designer of the forum roundel logo, perhaps I could be of assistance? I have the original digital files on disc, if you PM me your email address I will zip up a copy of the png file and send you a copy so you can print it out. :default_biggrin:

1 hour ago, grendel said:

Tim, is there any chance of creating it as an A4 word document with a text panel (with all the correct fonts colours etc) so we have an editable word document that people can edit to their user name and print?

You can have it as an .odt file which I believe Word 2010 and 2013 can open. A word of warning...Microsoft word is not for printing images so it will look, what's the word I'm looking for? Erm... crap! Yes, that was the word! As you change the lettering to insert your name it will change the location of the text too. But you can have a play with it.

The best solution all round is to download 'GIMP' the free drawing package and just type the text you want on the image and position it as required. You could also use Inkscape which is also free.

NBN LOGO.odt

1 minute ago, Timbo said:

You can have it as an .odt file which I believe Word 2010 and 2013 can open. A word of warning...Microsoft word is not for printing images so it will look, what's the word I'm looking for? Erm... crap! Yes, that was the word! As you change the lettering to insert your name it will change the location of the text too. But you can have a play with it.

The best solution all round is to download 'GIMP' the free drawing package and just type the text you want on the image and position it as required. You could also use Inkscape which is also free.

NBN LOGO.odt 971.47 kB · 0 downloads

Yes I understand all of that, but I was just trying to provide a solution that would make it easy for anyone to create their own window poster, not everyone has the know how to work the gimp or other photo editing packages, the other option would be a pdf with an editable window for the name, but i have yet to figure out how to do that.

• Like 1