Emergency On The Southern Broads!

Ray

We ran out of tea bags!!!!

After considering calling the Coastguard or at the very least Broads Control we happened to pass the Reedcutters. The sign said provisions so we skidded to a halt in front of them and sure enough they carry a small selection of necessities including tea bags. 

This is something I've often wished pubs would do.. a real life saver 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

The Waveney Inn (WRC) has a shop! The Lion at Thurne used to have a shop, maybe it still does. 

Hi Peter,

the shop at WRC is now very small selling a few nick nacks and nothing more, it certainly DOES`NT sell even some of the most basic things. 

The Lion at Thurne no longer has a shop, but the shop it DID have was an environmental health hazzard. I MUST say, that was way before the new owners, and is now a first class establishment. However, Liz at Ramblers sells a few basic essentials, but i don`t think she has a refrigerated cabinet.

4 hours ago, Ray said:

We ran out of tea bags!!!!

After considering calling the Coastguard or at the very least Broads Control we happened to pass the Reedcutters. The sign said provisions so we skidded to a halt in front of them and sure enough they carry a small selection of necessities including tea bags. 

This is something I've often wished pubs would do.. a real life saver 👍

Fancy running out of tea bags. That`s sacrilage.

• Like 1

Hummmph! Tea bags indeed! Man up and use loose leaf. Better flavour, more control over strength and kinder to the planet.

I tend to use a blend. two parts standard Brooke Bond to one part Earl Grey. That mix has the meat of ordinary tea with the hint of the bergamot aroma, and sorry Speedtriple, but yes sometimes enhanced with a drop of whisky.

All good eh?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Hummmph! Tea bags indeed! Man up and use loose leaf. Better flavour, more control over strength and kinder to the planet.

I tend to use a blend. two parts standard Brooke Bond to one part Earl Grey. That mix has the meat of ordinary tea with the hint of the bergamot aroma, and sorry Speedtriple, but yes sometimes enhanced with a drop of whisky.

All good eh?

Sounds good that John, I must admit, I'd never thought of blending loose tea, i'l give it a go some time. 

• Like 1

A little tip here gentlemen. To save faffing about with tea strainers, use a cafetiere. (spelling?) 

Not only does this save on using a strainer, but when the tea has brewed to your required taste, push the plunger down to stop the process. 

Please keep in mind however that you will need separate cafetieres for your tea and coffee. Tesco's do a plastic lidded one that you can burn  a "T" or "C" into with a soldering iron. That's what I did!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Hi Peter,

the shop at WRC is now very small selling a few nick nacks and nothing more, it certainly DOES`NT sell even some of the most basic things. 

The Lion at Thurne no longer has a shop, but the shop it DID have was an environmental health hazzard. I MUST say, that was way before the new owners, and is now a first class establishment. However, Liz at Ramblers sells a few basic essentials, but i don`t think she has a refrigerated cabinet.

Don't think she has a fridge,however does have a freezer for iccream.Very good indeed.When ever we go in there tend to spend lots.The other week we brought paintings.We have six original miniature painting s on the boat and some at home.

• Like 1