Treasure Hunt

Paul

As we are all likely to end up self isolating, waiting until

i) The pandemic goes away

ii) The loo roll runs out

iii) We are all dead

Then I thought this an ideal time to start an NBN Treasure Hunt. So strike up dancing helicopters, catchy theme tune and images of Annie Rice in a jump suit. The format is straight forward. I will post a clue with several lines which should lead you to a location in or around Broadland where, by using Google Maps you should be able to answer a question contained in the last line of the clue. Each clue may contain elements of general knowledge, word plays such as anagrams, synonyms, homonyms etc or anything my warped brain comes up with. 

In general the first line of the clue will take you to a general location, a city, town, village or other definable named place, the subsequent lines will narrow the location further and the final line will ask a question which must be answered to get the next clue. You answer the question by looking on Google Maps, please don't use other mapping sites as the item to which the clue relates might not be present. 

Please do not post the answer to more than one line at a time, if you answer one line, then wait for someone else to answer another.

• Like 3

I notice none of the clever clogs have chipped in yet. Probably all retreated for deep thoughts. Me, I just think ‘what!’ and the ol’ brain shuts down. Good thing I’ve never had to apply for a job that involves phychowhatsit tests! 

Had an interesting time recently as a volunteer observer for part of a recruitment process. They had almost 60 candidates, divided into teams of 6 and subjected them to a type of escape room exercise, except it was the opposite as they had to guess the clues that enabled them to break into a safe. Observers were asked to score a couple of people on team working , problem solving etc. I was a bit sceptical beforehand, but afterwards thought it had worked quite well. The jobs they were recruiting to were to join a team piloting a new IT system, so anticipating needing to work together as a team on solving problems if all goes pear shaped!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

I enjoy these type of quizzes but this one has me stumped at the minute as well

Stumped??? Strumpshaw????

Did I get it right??? :facepalm:

8 minutes ago, grendel said:

I have only got working on the first line, trying to figure what aiac spells

I had a similar train of thought but it doesn't seem to work as yet

Perhaps, just a thought. Should we not be giving a consideration to our members on the Broads, on the river who have issues concerning their welfare during the current crisis. And our visitors, the holiday makers. 

A simple contact for a local or a distant member for advice for those who require help. Guidance and assurance from those with local knowledge.

Perhaps, just perhaps, the frivolity of a game or whatever you like to call it should take second place under the current circumstances.

We need to be proactive in providing support and assurance that this forum in particular is foremost in providing support and help to those in need.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Wussername said:

Perhaps, just a thought. Should we not be giving a consideration to our members on the Broads, on the river who have issues concerning their welfare during the current crisis. And our visitors, the holiday makers. 

A simple contact for a local or a distant member for advice for those who require help. Guidance and assurance from those with local knowledge.

Perhaps, just perhaps, the frivolity of a game or whatever you like to call it should take second place under the current circumstances.

We need to be proactive in providing support and assurance that this forum in particular is foremost in providing support and help to those in need.

Lovely post Old Wusser. And let's not forget how things can be so misunderstood too in the written word. I think we should all have a laugh and some fun especially at this time even though I haven't a clue what Paul is on about :default_biggrin:

Grace

• Like 3

Wussername, i think its called distraction therapy, to get relief from having to worry about something, we find a lighthearted way to keep our minds busy from thinking about things that worry us., its like this morning i will be going to the boot fair and trying to avoid touching my face until i can get back to the car and clean my hands (and like our astronomy club meeting last night, where most are in the at risk age group, where our chairman politely requested everyone to wash their hands as they arrived.

• Like 3

Great idea Paul. Now Woodwose says ‘Acle’ I can claim to say that that was what I was just about to post!:default_eusa_dance:

Andrew, I see where you are coming from but I think it is at times like this we need distractions too. Wartime humour? Giles, ITMA, the Wipers Times all tell us that.

• Like 2

Wussername, No, I cannot agree with you. 

Had this been "thread drift" from the virus thread, then I'd be giving your post "likes" and "Thanks" but it is not. it is a free standing thread  offering a mind stretching game. It is right for the forum.

I frequently agree with your posts, but this time I think you may be a little wide of the mark.

If this forum ceased any frivolous posts for the duration of this corona virus, I think the forum could be severely damaged. 

• Like 3