At Home For At Least 12 Weeks.

I really like those last two posts simply because it shows a degree of positivity instead of moaning about what might happen if...!!!!  I am sorry for you prognosis but at least you are getting out and about and making the most of it - you are clearly not too scared to get into your van and get out either.

OK -  its not as you would wish but I applaud you for making the most of it, instead of constant negativity that some others allow to pervade their lives. How can you possibly increase your risk if you go out in your van, or indeed your car ( other than an accident! ), go somewhere pleasant and enjoy the day? You are hardly spreading the disease even if you open the car/ van door!  Neither is it banned by Government decree either!!  So its good to hear others making their own judgement even in these difficult times and just getting on with it. 

Good for you m8!!!!

Thank you, a funny incident happened last summer, I decided to meet some friends at a classic bike meet near to home, but needed petrol on route, so had to go into town, a young girl driving a fiesta pulled out in front of me resulting in the inevitable, I bounced off the roof and landed n the road, as luck would have it I was so relaxed I got up without a scratch, neither bike nor car could say the same. Next day was chemo day, pictured them wheeling me out of A&E straight into the chemo ward.

Just getting  ready to start on the living and dining  rooms.Will take about  two weeks to repaint.Thats been the good thing about being off for the last 12 weeks.That will leave just the hall and stairs.Hope to do that by year end.Next month I may take part in the 100k in aid of the British  lung foundation. Hopefully I will sign up in the next few days.

• Like 2

Just had a Ambulance crew here.Since Sunday my breathing has not been good plus I've had a cough. The worse thing I've felt cold, even though it's in the high 20s.Yesterday I phoned 111,talked it though with them then a paramedic phoned me,she advised me to speak  with the Surgery which  I did. The Nurse practitioner arranged for a chest  xray and a blood  test.This afternoon, I felt worse so phoned 999.I do have a high temperature and a slight crackle.We talked though the opinions and agreed to stay home,have tests tomorrow and start my ANTIBIOTICS and steroids which I always  have at home.All this on Marinas birthday, unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

So I've been shielded for 13  ,14 weeks now and I landed up.with a chest infection. The Ambulance  crew said they could  have taken me to hospital,but because  as I have a high temperature and a cough I would  have been on a covad- 19 ward.Despite what some people  say,this thing has a long way to go before we will be safe.

• Thanks 1

Thanks,at present  I feel that maybe  yesterday  was the worst day.This morning  I feel.better.I will have an xray and a blood  test will also take antibiotics and steroids. These I have at home with me all the time due to my COPD. Must admit this thing worried me.My next problem tomorrow I've got a 121 regarding  my job,I'm not that hopeful they only want 20% of us.However I pleased that I'm starting  to  feel  better.

23 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Thanks,at present  I feel that maybe  yesterday  was the worst day.This morning  I feel.better.I will have an xray and a blood  test will also take antibiotics and steroids. These I have at home with me all the time due to my COPD. Must admit this thing worried me.My next problem tomorrow I've got a 121 regarding  my job,I'm not that hopeful they only want 20% of us.However I pleased that I'm starting  to  feel  better.

Hello Ian,

I am glad to hear that you feel a little better today, it must have been a shock for you and maybe you were afraid that you had caught the virus, I am so glad that this is not the case.

As you have said some people are very blase regarding the current situation, a good friend of Tan's is in hospital after contracting the virus and is suffering with less than 10% renal activity,  this virus does attack major organs and should never be taken lightly.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went out today  we went to Sidcup. Had to have a blood  test and a Xray  due to this chest infection. I despite going  to hospital  enjoyed  my trip out.Even if she couldn't  get all the blood out of my arm and had to get some out of my hand. Not easy getting  blood out of a stone :default_biggrin:.Thankfully  I feel a bit better today still fairly breathless mind.Can you tell ,I've not been out much in the last three months 

Still odd for me seeing so many  people,and nearly all in summer clothes. One chap had not got the memo ,wholly hat and coat.Hopefully next time on the boat and or a pint.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Never remember if it was Winston Churchill or Harold Wilson  who said  a week in politics is a lifetime. Well this past week has seen many changes  for me.This time last week I was  in the middle  of this chest infection, trying to get rid of it.Monday I decided to take voluntary redundancy, something  I didn't  want to do.By Tuesday  I found out my section is no more,so perhaps  the right thing to do still ,worrying  mind.Despite suffering  with this chest infection  Marina and I finished the living and dinning room.Monday I was told my infection  was very bad and if is slow to clear have another xray.So today I went for one.They thought  it was to soon since the one last week. In the end they did.They told me there was a concern it was  coved.Xray done thankfully the infection  is going in the right direction  but was surprised when they told me,it was pneumonia .So a odd week to say the least.

Some photos  of the house:Alan's bedroom ,our bedroom  living and dining  rooms

20200520_120439.jpg

20200520_120458.jpg

20200702_092306.jpg

20200702_092310.jpg

20200630_184030.jpg

20200630_183956.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

A few mile stones for me today.Went out in the car today with Marina.For the first time in over 16 weeks went to Morrisons .Did feel strange,but not to busy.So I felt okay. We are going up to the boat tomorrow  for three days.We will go to B/Arms so don't think it will be busy there.Thursday head back.Not sure yet where we will Moor. Then back to Cove. Really looking forward  to  it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

A few mile stones for me today.Went out in the car today with Marina.For the first time in over 16 weeks went to Morrisons .Did feel strange,but not to busy.So I felt okay. We are going up to the boat tomorrow  for three days.We will go to B/Arms so don't think it will be busy there.Thursday head back.Not sure yet where we will Moor. Then back to Cove. Really looking forward  to  it.

There are a lot of boats around Ian, Berney Arms and Polkey’s Mill were busy on Monday evening - probably because the Brundall Navy were out in force! Slack water crossing time for Breydon is early afternoon on Wednesday and Thursday I think so, if you can time it right,  you could grab a spot after someone has left and before anyone else arrives. 

37 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Good point , lots of cleaning  lots of G&Ts and the odd trip out now and again.

Not unique to Brundall. Oulton Broad is no different, several boats taken root so to speak, never see anyone onboard, ever. Granted that a number of boats are nothing more than homes from home but at least they being used, not like those that are seemingly abandoned.

• Like 1

On 02/07/2020 at 19:21, Chelsea14Ian said:

Monday I decided to take voluntary redundancy, something  I didn't  want to do.

I do sympathize! A great deal to get your head around. Regretfully you won't be the only one forced into making unwelcome decisions that you had never planned for.  Here's to our unexpected futures :default_beerchug:

• Thanks 1

We arrived  at Cove just gone 10.30,spoke with Paul and Jill. Unpacked the car ,made our way midday.Weather mixed cloudy but warm with the odd spot of rain. We arrived at Berney about 14.40.Poor boat in need of a good clean.We had hoped to get it done before we got here but the Daves at Cove were unavailable just now.So Marina did the inside and I did outside.Looks better but more to be done . Still last time I cleaned  the boat was October. Tonight Cottage pie and Vegetables. Only four boats  here .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

We arrived  at Cove just gone 10.30,spoke with Paul and Jill. Unpacked the car ,made our way midday.Weather mixed cloudy but warm with the odd spot of rain. We arrived at Berney about 14.40.Poor boat in need of a good clean.We had hoped to get it done before we got here but the Daves at Cove were unavailable just now.So Marina did the inside and I did outside.Looks better but more to be done . Still last time I cleaned  the boat was October. Tonight Cottage pie and Vegetables. Only four boats  here .

Welcome back Ian, it’s a good feeling to be back afloat isn’t it? Enjoy your trip but don’t overdo the cleaning, it’ll keep. 
We have cottage pie and vegetables tonight too only I call ours boat pie. No prizes for guessing why!

• Thanks 1

We made our way from Berney heading to Reedham .The Brundall navy passed us about six large boats.Thing is the bridge was shut ,so we overtook them .I said that when its good to have a small boat.they saw the funny side.Fish and chips for lunch.

Ian ,Marina Sweetkingfisher 

Part of the Brundall  navy cadets :default_biggrin::default_stinky:.

• Like 1