At Home For At Least 12 Weeks.

As most people  know,I'm one of those at risk and have to stay at home.Not going outside for at least 12 weeks.This is my third day,I fully understand why I have to do so,but the prospect of staying put until.the middle of June will be hard.The reason I've done this post is others in the same position as me can share there story.How you feel,how are you coping with every day life.Have you or are you going to take up a hobby or project?I started a post yesterday, tips and questions on food.

We hope to sell up and move to norfolk next year.So I hope to decorate Alan's room soon.Marina and I have done odds and ends in the last few days.So looking forward to the time when can leave the house. 

Ian

• Like 6

Me too,  at the moment I'm mostly rebuilding the sailing boat in the garden.  Plus the usual garden / house maintenance. 

At some point I'll have to go down to the motorboat (10miles) to top up the batteries all 24 of them. 

It will be house,  to landrover,  to car park at the SC,  row across the river in our tender,  service the  batteries  and give the boat a wash and brush up.  I'll take sarnies and drink, no usual cafe trip midday,. Then return,  no contact with anyone. 

Time for a Muggacoffee then overalls on to go work on a keel. 

Looking good Griff. My husband did the same with our patio yesterday to treat it for black spot. 

Ian great idea for people to have an outlet and a place for social contact while needing to be as isolated as yourself. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm in the at risk group, as such restrictions on me are tighter then most.Must stay indoors, not going out,at most only allowed to open a window. Have been informed on Monday by text,have since had further texts and a letter.Theres one and a half million of us most at risk. I have COPD and other health problems So it's a bit like winning the lottery in reverse .

Ian please do take care and every one else of course who have to completely self isolate, our heart and thought's go out to you. This thread is a good idea too for friends to come and share their situations and how they are coping. 

Good on you Ian :default_icon_clap:  Even if you are a Chelsea supporter :default_biggrin:

Stay safe and well everyone

Jay and Grace x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Blue and white  Army.Whats football  forgot what's it's like.Thanks Grace.So far I feel fine,not sure what I'll be like in three months time.

When life returns to normal,what are people planning to  do?holidays, boating ,trips to pubs restaurants, walk in the park,start a new project?

We have a number of into the blue days to take when we can.Meant to go to Cornwall in June,think that won't happen sadly now.Lots of trips on the boat.

• Like 2

The old mother in law falls into that category, fortunately she has her own rooms so Matron will be the only one allowed in.

The new temporary hospital at Excel is a stark reminder of just how serious this is.

My Sister in Law is a gardener at the crematorium and they are all being retrained to operate the cremators.

Her complaint is, what about the gardens, we have worked hard to get them nice.

Some people just don't get it.:default_icon_redface:

Stay safe Ian and Marina

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Ian

we were right in the middle of relocating to Norfolk from the Lake District, we were on the Broads last week looking for a house and a boat, we managed to buy a boat (picture below) this was so we had somewhere to stay whilst looking at property then bang - total isolation, we have sold up here and have ceased employment in rediness for the move and now we find ourselves confined here for who knows how long. Stressfull time particularly financially.

regards

John.

Swordfish.jpg

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

Not allowed out in the garden?  Why ever not?  surely you are more than 2m away from your neighbours unless they are hanging over the garden fence?

Griff

Hi Griff

we were moored up at Coltishall a couple of years ago when you arrived on BroadAmbition and some kind soul offered to help you to moor, he was ever so slightly tippsy and fell in - his struggle to get out....funniest thing I've seen in ages...lol

2 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

We’ve got plenty to get on with at home. Here’s just one of them, jet washing the decorative stone in the back garden. Took only an hour or so and came up a treat  I need to replace some grouting which I will do so todayimageproxy.php?img=&key=f51914ada55f0582

Griff

98799275-7BC5-401E-A26A-F73C458157E6.jpeg

500ADF87-1BF8-49D0-ADA3-73405F610104.jpeg

This reminds me:

We used to be season ticket holders at Leicester Tigers and stood in a regular spot next to an old guy who had a sailing boat on the Hamble. When I bought my Seal 22 he told me to get some Patio Magic to clean the algae and green mould from the boat. I've never heard mention of it on this forum until now, but I now know from experience, it works!

Anyone else used it?

Floydraser - Patio Magic is great stuff! I spray with a 1:5 dilution on the green bits,especially round the rubbing strakes and edges of the canopy and leave to dry on every Spring. Did No Worries a couple of weeks ago which looks like the only maintenance she'll get for a while.

2 hours ago, Rednev said:

Hi Ian

we were right in the middle of relocating to Norfolk from the Lake District, we were on the Broads last week looking for a house and a boat, we managed to buy a boat (picture below) this was so we had somewhere to stay whilst looking at property then bang - total isolation, we have sold up here and have ceased employment in rediness for the move and now we find ourselves confined here for who knows how long. Stressfull time particularly financially.

regards

John.

Swordfish.jpg

I thought Broadsedge was closed up and gates locked 😱

working from home- after trialling several computers, the most comfortable one with a decent sized screen to work from home is my laptop in the bedroom, I can sit on the edge of the bed and work away. at least here i can hear my daughter chatting on her computer so I have a better feeling that I not working alone, that bit of background chatter is what was needed to get me back in the groove after the needle jumped yesterday. I started early (6am) but I am wandering away from the screen after each task, just to have a break, so far i have found 30 pots of jam or marmalade, made goodness knows when, (carefully tested on my toast at breakfast - starvation fended off for another week then) jars were still sealed, no mould (probably a minimum of 10 years old, lovely dark well matured marmalade- vintage - quite probably.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, grendel said:

working from home- after trialling several computers, the most comfortable one with a decent sized screen to work from home is my laptop in the bedroom....

I worked from Home Office for about the last 15 years of my working life (which ceased just over 2 years ago).  In the final years I had a company-supplied desktop workstation with a fairly large Dell monitor - I attached a second not-so-large monitor as I found it very useful to have the mail tool of browser on one device whilst working on text files on the main one.
Also when comparing two documents to each other (one per screen)...

Now that I work almost as much (just don't get paid) I have a similar setup attached to my own PC.
Very handy when editting videos on the main screen & being able to search directories for photos etc. on the second one.

I've had a string of messages about being identified as at risk because of my COPD but no letter, yet. Since we left on our Broads trip on 14th. March we have had only one post delivery and that was advertising rubbish. We usually get deliveries nearly every day.

I'm not allowed out and I've got the one about opening a window but I will have to do something about the garden. I've nearly reclaimed it after nearly four years of neglect due to a series of eye operations where gardening was banned and I don't want to let it slip again.