At Home For At Least 12 Weeks.

17 hours ago, SteveO said:

Wait until you are 66 and the young folk start talking down to you as though you are senile. :default_biggrin:

I'm 67 and its not that bad yet...

16 hours ago, grendel said:

(all are electrical engineers)

and why not?

At the beginning of March (i.e. just before the shutdown) I was in Budapest to attend the Plenary meeting of the International Gliding Commision as the deputy delegate forthe German Aero Club (how I as a British Citizen came to be in that role is a longish story).

The Hungrian organisation was superb - led by Andras (in real life a Meterologist) and his wife Diana.  They all spoke very good English.  I nearly put my proverbial foot in it by asking Diana  whether she got the opportunity to fly - she said she was lucky in that flying was her hobby & job.  I thought maybe she worked at the airport - with a certain amount of pride in her voice: "I am captain B737 since 12 years".  Given that she is 43 that means she was captain at 31.  Not bad!

Photo from Google...

AandD.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HEM said:
17 hours ago, grendel said:

(all are electrical engineers)

and why not?

Electrical engineering is not a popular choice of career by the ladies from this country, all of our ladies have qualified in their country and then moved here. in fact i guess 80% of our electrical engineers are originally from foreign parts, our office is a real mix of nationalities and cultures

• Like 1

A picture of me,my fleece is about as close as I will get for many weeks to the boat sadly. Still not easy for me being unable

to go for a walk or the shops.Have been in the garden as long as not one else is around.On the news,some interesting developments regarding ventilators.UCL and Mercedes have one in development, which they say may be available next week.If so may keep many out of intensive care. 

20200330_093429.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

A picture of me,my fleece is about as close as I will get for many weeks to the boat sadly. Still not easy for me being unable

to go for a walk or the shops.Have been in the garden as long as not one else is around.On the news,some interesting developments regarding ventilators.UCL and Mercedes have one in development, which they say may be available next week.If so may keep many out of intensive care. 

20200330_093429.jpg

I saw that Ian, it is good to see a range of companies helping out with the situation.

At least I'm not on my own,Think its unfair, my health issues aside.Last year I only had one day off sick.In the last 10 months I have been part of a team that made where Im working a success.Quite rightly theres a level of protection to me and others in my position.I understand that and indeed thankful.What I don't understand, many that I work with are also not working yet are being paid 80% of there wages.If this virus wasn't around I could work.

I would try and get some more details tomorrow.