Side On Mooring Only?

17 hours ago, marshman said:

But for some reason, I seem to be allowed to do this in my home marina - I am sure many will come on here and say how stupid I am but I am just 12" from my next door neighbour? I just think that is what the BA have failed to do - think!!! If I can do it there in a private marina, whats the point of doing it at Ranworth?

Mixed messaging methinks yet again! Or is it just me????

But BA don't have any say as to how you moor in your home marina - or do they?

6 hours ago, Vaughan said:

My father was one of those consultees and he used to say the same thing.

In fact I believe that it was your father who alerted mine to the likelihood of unwarranted  authority. Desmond Truman was another  consultee that I remember as being quite concerned.

• Like 1

i have just seen our new covid 19 office layout, side on moorings throughout, and partitions. i have my argument ready, the government says those who can work from home should work from home, and those who cant should go in.

• Like 1

I’m afraid in my opinion ( and who am I) if this is true, with side on only at Ranworth staithe, one assumes this will be stern to bow side on as stern to stern with two boats with stern wells . e.g. Malanka and Broad Ambition we could in fact have a jolly old chinwag and exchange mucous and other bodily fluids as we see fit. 

If the BA will explain the HUGE difference in risk between calmly mooring With no shouting or sweating and walking past a sweaty  panting jogger in a park, or somebody coughing in tesco, then I would be suitably impressed. 

This looks like, walks like , smells like ignorant ( it’s not perjorative it’s a state of knowledge) Folks with authority wanting to be seen to justify their authority and having been asked by some civil service wonk to supply actions has thought for three minutes ( I’m generous ) and come up with this nonsense.

Have these people not seen a train or a supermarket or a petrol station. I have to smile otherwise the cumulative pile of utter drivel on the topic of SARS COV-2 will induce an imbalance of geological proportions. 

Stay safe folks no kissing strangers and wash. 

Martin 

• Like 7