New Member And New To Boating

Ruthie1970

Ha,ha love this , can’t wait now got most of our packing done and did the last of our food shop today which mainly consists of food for cooked breakfast , stuff for sandwiches, snacks and not forgetting the booze 😀

I have booked a table for Sunday lunch at the Ferry house Surlingham for 1pm is this a good or bad idea ? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ruthie1970 said:

. . . . . . . . I have booked a table for Sunday lunch at the Ferry house Surlingham for 1pm is this a good or bad idea ? 

Good idea, but have you booked a mooring?  The weather looks as if it will be fine, so eating outside in the beer garden will be an option.  Idyllic . . . . . . . . . watching boats go by on the river, eating good food, enjoying an alcoholic beverage (or several) at the best pub on the Southern rivers.

We will be there on Saturday night.  Mooring and table booked.   Can’t wait!!

Enjoy!!

• Like 2

That might be a bit tricky if you are planning to leave Surlingham Ferry that late in the day. As far as I’m aware the only mooring options in the Norwich direction are Bramerton Common (but that’s just around a couple of corners away from Surlingham Ferry and anyway, I would expect it to be full by the time you will be passing), The Water’s End pub (just beyond Bramerton Common), the Commissioner’s Cut which is just before you get to Thorpe (only space for about three boats though), Whitlingham (again, not that many spaces) and Norwich Yacht Station. (Anyone know if they take reservations?)

I’d think I’d be tempted to stay at the Surlingham Ferry or set out in the opposite direction.

• Like 1

Change of plans AGAIN 😩 Not going to Surlingham now so cancelled our booking.

We are thinking to go the other way towards Reedham Ferry on the Saturday after we get handover of the boat, so if we get away by 16:30 we hopefully should be arriving at Reedham Ferry is there anywhere here we could book a mooring so we can stay for the night and get some food and drinks ?
Really sorry for my constant questions and thanks for everyone patience with me.

Although we booked a table and mooring at the Reedham Ferry on the Friday when we got there at 5pm there was plenty of room

it didn’t open until 6 but it’s a short walk to Reedham which is worth it we had to walk down the road as the footpath is still closed (I believe)

a couple of pubs down there for refreshments The Nelson was closed as it had run out of beer but the ship was open which has a nice garden by the river, enjoy I’m very jealous!  😉