American Diner?

750XL

5 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

The road, during the winter, is relatively fast. When it is dark and wet it is not an inviting location.

I drove up and down the road about half a dozen times last week at different times of the day. Most of the time the traffic was incessant, nose to tail at full road speed. As both JM and Vaughan have said it would be deadly to try and turn in or out of the car park in the dark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, webntweb said:

I drove up and down the road about half a dozen times last week at different times of the day. Most of the time the traffic was incessant, nose to tail at full road speed. As both JM and Vaughan have said it would be deadly to try and turn in or out of the car park in the dark.

And I expect JM and Vaughan will verify, it's been a bad road all the way back to at least the fifties since I was young.

The whole of the road has always and will be a local racetrack. The Stracey Arms was bad enough but possibly the worst part of the whole road is the left turn to Halvergate (Which most of the sugarbeet traffic use) was always an accident waiting to happen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FairTmiddlin said:

The Stracey Arms was bad enough but possibly the worst part of the whole road is the left turn to Halvergate (Which most of the sugarbeet traffic use) was always an accident waiting to happen.

Especially as that junction over the bridge is on the only slight bend in the whole of the Acle Straight, so there is also a lack of vision.

Add to that, that the whole marsh is in a "frost hollow" which will cause black ice and it is not a good place to be, in the early hours of a January morning!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FairTmiddlin said:

And I expect JM and Vaughan will verify, it's been a bad road all the way back to at least the fifties since I was young.

Isn't there a stone tablet in Norwich museum depicting you three lining up for a chariot race? :default_norty:

23 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

As I said we went there once,we had Paella,perhaps the worse Paella I ever had.Think they moved  to what was the Hermitage .Seem to remember they didn't  last long there either. 

I think we have reached the "agree to differ" point. I especially loved their Paella and had it twice.

20 hours ago, floydraser said:

What a shame and a wasted opportunity. Plenty of moorings to attract boats, especially for summer evenings, and plenty of room for a kids play area. Once people are there both the pub and windpump would benefit. 

But then it seems an odd place for a temple of any relegion. 

Not at all.  You're nearer to God on the Acle straights.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Timbo said:

Isn't there a stone tablet in Norwich museum depicting you three lining up for a chariot race? :default_norty:

You may be able to claim a descendany from Swene Forktooth of the Lincolnshire fens but I will have you know that my family can trace its roots in the navigation of the Great Estuary, right back to when Pontious was a pilot!

• Haha 2

River pilot, he was . . . 

Anyway, we all know there is no Great Estuary any more since King Canute (a.k.a. Knutcase) sat in a chair on the bank at St Benets Abbey and told it to go away.

History is fascinating, when told through the eyes of the local people . . . 

4 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

I think we have reached the "agree to differ" point. I especially loved their Paella and had it twice.

We went there once and had their version of paella.   A most embarassing experience - the friends we took were Spanish. I won't tell you what they thought of it  :default_icon_e_surprised: