Blakes Pennant Pin And Flag Wanted

Hi all

I am looking for a Blakes enamel pennant badge from around the mid 70`s if possible. I know some of you collect these and wondered if you have a spare to sell?

I would also quite like a Blakes flag of some description. I know these are like hen`s teeth so does anybody have a goodish quality image/ electronic version of this they could let me have?

Finally - I have looked all over the place for the Yard flag of Waklins boats from around the mid 70`s. I spoke to Denny and he says it is blue with a coloured flaming torch sort of thing. Does anyone know where there is an image of this I can have a look at please?

Thanks

Andy 

Just a thought - Lorraine (landlady of the Dog Inn) had, I assume still does (not seen her for a while) has a printing business and has the faciility to do complex embroidered patterns. She did me a very nice replica Tipples T shirt a while back. Her business is Absolute Signs. She may be able to do a pennant, used to doing work for boatyards. Might be worth giving her a bell. 

I do believe the Dog itself is closed but she does (did) work on the premises. 

Blimmin heck CC - thats great - thanks. Did a reverse image search and all Google could come up with is a few kids pictures of bunting, pie charts and ice cream. It give me a starting point so all is good

I will pop into Jeckells on Monday and ask about any old files they have so thanks for that suggestion.

I cant believe how much these badges are going for on EBay. Or actually how much they are NOT going for.  I picked up an old Ferry Marine one at an antiques fair for £3 last year. I think they are tring it on with £45 for the Percival one.

Lorraine at the Dog sounds like a good bet. Will track her down and see if she can help out.

Still looking for a Blakes flag or image if anyone has one?

In the meantime thanks for all your help so far. Will let you know how the search goes.

Andy

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AndyTBoater said:

I cant believe how much these badges are going for on EBay. Or actually how much they are NOT going for.  I picked up an old Ferry Marine one at an antiques fair for £3 last year. I think they are tring it on with £45 for the Percival one.

That’s the tip of the pennant; at the other end are sellers who don’t know what they’re selling, I’ve bought many a badge from the £5 price point, never more than £10 though, which has no cue in title or description as to what it really is, and often dealers getting rid of surplus. I had a good one this week, pair of sunglasses rrp 60 for a fiver, I spotted something in the photo, added to the search and boom next cheapest £25....

I will have a fumble through my grandfathers old tool drawers just in case, all sorts turns up in those, I do have his old association boot lace tie but not for sale I’m afraid, I have a pile of 60s beer mats somewhere that came from the Pleasure Boat when my great aunt retired in the 70s, you can have one of those for free!

4B76CEDA-F252-4E35-AA8A-9823CA32756A.jpeg

Blake’s could quench your thirst whether rag and stick or hullabaloo, reversible in case you’re undecided!

Upon closer inspection of the wardrobe, Novel Ties of Macclesfield had the regalia contract judging by the label, finest terylene as the sails of the day I expect.

63A1C80C-C8F4-4AF5-A918-8302B40E5F8F.jpeg

F833808B-1952-4764-A012-AB21813FFA33.jpeg

4 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

I could suggest you start your collection with a couple of these but, now you've bought a real boat, I reckon you'll be giving it up!

s-l400.jpg.66f9614cbf11987c2d63f2aa96a4c44f.jpg

Is that the one that was on EBay which I did a deal on and is on its way to me now? 

There were 2 on there one of which was cheap and the other stupidly expensive.