Craig’s Database

Bluebell

There have been a few issues with it, and other people have also flagged that up. That's the reality of what happens when websites aren't being actively maintained, unfortunately.

I have previously been in touch with people close to Craig's wife and am hopeful that we may hear something about what she wishes to do with the site before too long.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NorfolkNog said:

I think there are sensitivities around this as one would expect with a bereavment. 

The site I recently took over was due to an unexpected death and the son was very happy for me to keep his work alive and useful.

Agreed, but perhaps there are more sensitive ways of going about this. It takes different people different times to come to terms with their loss.

I have no doubt that Craig's relations will be delighted to know that his work is held in such high regard, and even happier to find that there is a real wish to  keep it up to date. but is now the time?

Wait whilst keeping an ear to the ground is my advice, It may be that this will cause a backlog of data to be input, but what price is that?

No, tread softly and all will be well. (In my very far from humble opinion)

• Like 5

I just wanted to add my respect and admiration for this amazing resource. I can't imagine how much time and energy went into the gathering of so much information! A little off topic (apologies) but I think the database is excellent. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

I send a monthly subscription to help out Adnams Girl's Broadland Memories website as I think that is a worthy cause.

I would if the need arose quite happily help out financially with Craig's database too

Griff

It is very much appreciated - thank you so much for your ongoing support xx

As has been said, I don't believe there is a question of financial support being needed for Craig's database at this stage. Offers to assist with preserving, continuing to maintain and to take the database onwards have been put forward from more that one source and I'm sure that Kerris will do what she feels is best when she is ready. I am certain that Craig will have done regular backups of the database, and that those backups will no doubt be able to restore any data that has been lost in the intervening months/years when that time comes.

Carol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3