Live 'Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow' Posts

YnysMon

29 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hello Helen enjoy it while you can we are set for two storm fronts this week so take care and if needs be find a safe haven.

Regards

Alan

Yes, thanks Alan. We have been watching the weather forecast and have decided to go back south today instead of tomorrow. Low water is at Yarmouth at 3.30 ish, so we'll probably aim for that instead of slack. 

Currently at Acle biding our time. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Yes, thanks Alan. We have been watching the weather forecast and have decided to go back south today instead of tomorrow. Low water is at Yarmouth at 3.30 ish, so we'll probably aim for that instead of slack. 

Currently at Acle biding our time. 

Fingers crossed for you Helen 

If your crossing is as smooth as the one we had on Sunday you'll be fine. 

Have a good one!! :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

What I'm worrying about is Friday, which is when we normally get refuelled etc. I don't want to move the boat in crazy winds, and I'm not sure that Brooms will refuel syndicate boats on a Saturday morning any longer.

Have you got bow thrusters Helen? 

Try mooring at Surlingham Ferry? Think they have electric points 

13 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Let us know how the Breydon trip goes please Helen 

Bit damp and breezy this end 

DSC_1689.JPG

Ah, Salhouse. Somewhere we've never yet moored overnight. I'm sure it's a lot more sheltered than Acle at present.

I'm hoping that by going through Yarmouth before the slack that Breydon will be less choppy. Once the tide starts surging up Breydon the opposing wind will probably set up some chop. On the other hand we will have both tide and wind against us, so it might not work out so well. 

We shall see!

• Like 2

Sounds a good plan to me Helen 

Be careful down the Bure near the bridges as you'll be running free and the tide will be fast 

But your new engine will make short work of the tide even if it's a bit before the flood 

For what it's worth (not much) that is exactly what I would do :default_stinky:

Good luck!!!! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

On the other hand we will have both tide and wind against us, so it might not work out so well. 

Tide and wind in the same direction normally results in a smoother 'Sea State' it's when tide is opposing the wind that the swell normally picks up

Griff

That's what I'd guessed. Good to have confirmation.

24 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Why would anyone in their right mind look to faceache for a weather forecast?

I've always liked windguru as you can look at a few different models and take a guess for yourself while showing any crew the nicest looking one so they go along with you.

Probably the same people who get vaccination information from faceache rather than doctors and scientists. I too have used windguru for many years and find it by far the most accurate. Having given up yacht sailing and 'retired' to a broads cruiser, I now go radio controlled sailing each week with a like minded group. We all use windguru, it always seems much more accurate then the met office, even though it's a Czech Republic website!