Live 'Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow' Posts

YnysMon

Thanks Jean. It's been a great fortnight and we've done as much as we dared hope, despite the high river levels over the weekend. We are glad we did Dilham when we did, as it would have been impossible later. We also had a nice balance of North and South.

It would have been nice to have been able to get onto Horning staithe, but that's always tricky and this November seems much busier than normal, especially up north. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Thanks Jean. It's been a great fortnight and we've done as much as we dared hope, despite the high river levels over the weekend. We are glad we did Dilham when we did, as it would have been impossible later. We also had a nice balance of North and South.

It would have been nice to have been able to get onto Horning staithe, but that's always tricky and this November seems much busier than normal, especially up north. 

Glad to hear you had a great time. I love reading about your travels as it gives us ideas for our next trip

Enjoy your last evening and have a safe journey home

Thanks Warren. Hope you have a good time when you are on MS in a few weeks time. Normally during the shorter days of late autumn and winter we've not had the chance to go north due to the tides. Having a fortnight on board made such a difference. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Thanks Warren. Hope you have a good time when you are on MS in a few weeks time. Normally during the shorter days of late autumn and winter we've not had the chance to go north due to the tides. Having a fortnight on board made such a difference. 

We are due on her for a fortnight from 27th November and the tides appear to be kind to us, so we are going to follow your lead and head north also, then head back south on the Thursday of week 1 

Its a chill trip after a verrrrrryyyyy long year so not really fussed about where we end up and not planned much (other than passing through GY) but we are so looking forward to it, whatever the weather!

• Like 1

Hope you have as good a time as we've had Warren.

After mooring overnight at Bramerton we phoned Swancraft sometime after 9 to ask if they could give us fuel and a pump out as well as the gas cylinder. They could, so we headed back to Brundall and up the dyke to Swancraft. The guy there is so helpful and obliging.

So, it was just after 11 by the time we got back to our home mooring. We did a bit more packing and then headed off by car to Thurne.

That's where we are now, eagerly anticipating our lunch.

It will be back to Brundall after to finish packing and cleaning the boat, and then an evening drive home to MK. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, YnysMon said:

After mooring overnight at Bramerton we phoned Swancraft sometime after 9 to ask if they could give us fuel and a pump out as well as the gas cylinder. They could, so we headed back to Brundall and up the dyke to Swancraft. The guy there is so helpful and obliging.

Paul and the team at Swancraft were brilliant when the fuel kiosk was closed at Brooms, so its great that they are still able to assist and I feel we do owe them for their support, so I may just make the same phone call myself! :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

Paul and the team at Swancraft were brilliant when the fuel kiosk was closed at Brooms . . . . . . .

I’ve said before and will say again, finding a mooring at Swancraft was the result of a chance phone call and one that we have no regrets about whatsoever.  Paul’s help in resolving issues with Norfolk Lady over the past two and a half years has been invaluable and he will always get our unreserved recommendations.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Starting to get excited at the prospect of being on Moonlight Shadow again soon (from 12th Feb). The ignition key for her new engine arrived in the post yesterday! Whoopee!

We’re getting excited about the weekend of 12th &13th February for a different reason!!  We get a couple more doors hung on 12th and the flooring in our hall and dining room laid on 13th.  For us, it’ll be the beginning of the end (?) of the initial phase of renovations to our bungalow, with just the living room to be done when we’ve saved up some more funds.  Ask me if I’m looking forward to put my paintbrushes away?? 😉

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

We've arrived and are on board Moonlight Shadow once more. We had a bit of a job to get on board as the river level is really low. 

IMG_20220212_150246882_BURST000_COVER.thumb.jpg.dd7e2d4cee683f1e465ce7694ba84bd0.jpg

IMG_20220212_151812843.thumb.jpg.9800b0686c7ff046e714ec0eb90c77d8.jpg

We decided not to rush to get away from Brooms this afternoon as it's fairly gusty. Shame as it's lovely and sunny. 

Oh, and we have a lovely shiny new engine.

😊😁😁

IMG_20220212_152759357.thumb.jpg.af8d16d2311fc2d84899f592b5da9b42.jpg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, SwanR said:

Wow, I would be staying on the boat and not getting off anywhere if it was like that. 

Yep, once you've managed to get on its even more difficult to get off! I know because I was silly enough to get off to take some photos.

:default_dunce:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

No, it's not usually this low. That photo was taken about an hour before low water too. 

I can remember it being this low February two years ago, and that was just after a spell of flood warnings caused by high winds. 

Tides are all over the place at the moment! 

• Like 1

And you've got Seren to consider as well Helen.

Mr Nog I would just have to drink whatever was on the boat ... coffee and cake are always on board. And maybe a bottle of wine for the evening. :default_drink_2:

That's a good point of Andrew's, any chance of getting grounded if you were to set off?

2 minutes ago, SwanR said:

And you've got Seren to consider as well Helen.

Mr Nog I would just have to drink whatever was on the boat ... coffee and cake are always on board. And maybe a bottle of wine for the evening. :default_drink_2:

That's a good point of Andrew's, any chance of getting grounded if you were to set off?

Getting Seen on board wasn't easy either. Graham had to dangle her from the handle of her buoyancy aid whilst I tried to grab her as she descended. 

Anyway, we have lots of supplies on board as we visited both the Thorpe St Andrew Lidl and Sainsbury's. The Lidl is newish, having opened sometime in the autumn.

I hope we won't get grounded! Does anyone have any suggestions of places that are particularly shallow to avoid?