Live 'Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow' Posts

YnysMon

2 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Getting Seen on board wasn't easy either. Graham had to dangle her from the handle of her buoyancy aid whilst I tried to grab her as she descended. 

Anyway, we have lots of supplies on board as we visited both the Thorpe St Andrew Lidl and Sainsbury's. The Lidl is newish, having opened sometime in the autumn.

I hope we won't get grounded! Does anyone have any suggestions of places that are particularly shallow to avoid?

Rockland St Mary can be bad also Womak Water

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

No problems here at Rockland 

Should be OK on the main river. 

Low tide should have passed by now 

Hi Mr Nog,

Have the completed the works to install a new electric post at Rockland? If they have I assume there are now two posts there? 

Hope you have a good time in the New Inn this evening. Assuming you can get off your boat!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Hi Mr Nog,

Have the completed the works to install a new electric post at Rockland? If they have I assume there are now two posts there? 

Hope you have a good time in the New Inn this evening. Assuming you can get off your boat!

Hi Helen 

Yes, there were 2 posts - one on the 'back' mooring and one at the side. Didn't check to see if they are connected but assume they are. 

Thanks, no problem getting off! 

• Thanks 1

We saw a boat grounded at Loddon basin a few years ago.  Not sure whether it’s been dredged since though.

Have a good week, Helen.  Hope the weather isn’t too inclement and you’re able to get out and about.  It shouldn’t be so difficult to get on and off the boat on the northern rivers!! 😉

• Thanks 1

Those who were following our trip in November might remember that I was adamant that I didn’t need an electric under blanket. November is a lot more balmy than February though, and I commented a few minutes ago that perhaps I’d made a mistake. Graham said he’d noticed under blankets in Lidl and has dashed off to get one for me.

I definitely don’t deserve him. Thankfully, as the tide is rising, it was a lot easier to get off the boat. Still a big step up though.

The partially cooked evening meal has been put on hold.

• Like 3

Helen, after I fitted the house out with smart plugs/ led lights. Jill now sits in the lounge and before going to get ready for bed she say Hey G......le switch on blanket  then as she goes down to bed, switch on bedroom light, gets into bed then tells all to switch off! 

I now feel redundant.

Yes I said goes down to bed, we live in an upside house.

Enjioy your trip.

paul

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LizG said:

Get up to Potter asap

You took the words right out of my mouth. I would be heading straight up north to make the most of it. It's strange, actually, I was looking at the Wroxham bridge clearance on the Barnes webcam yesterday and it said just over 6 foot.

8 hours ago, Broads01 said:

I was looking at the Wroxham bridge clearance on the Barnes webcam yesterday and it said just over 6 foot.

I have been thinking that the water still looks high here. There’s a few places that I often walk past where I notice when it changes. And the park area in Hoveton is still a muddy mess! 

1 hour ago, NorfolkNog said:

Hi Helen 

Checked posts at Rockland carefully this morning 

Side one is working as someone plugged in

End one near road looks to be off as work on mooring 

If you do decide to visit and need electric suggest you moor on the side bit 

Have fun! 

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smoggy said:

With low tides stick to the centre of the cut into rockland as the bank is very sloped to the fields side, I've rattled a prop many a time along there but my props are much closer to the edge than a single engine and I have no keel for them to hide behind.

Is that the short or long one? 

That certainly would have been a problem Helen!

Forecast I read for this afternoon and evening is basically wet and windy. Bitterly cold in the wind too. We were out this morning but we won't be venturing anywhere for the rest of the day. Bracing may well be the term!!

Howard we very nearly headed for Reedham this morning ... but I didn't fancy the drive today. You had a lucky escape ... mind you ... I suppose I might have had to venture into the pubs to look for a likely pair who might be the Nogs!! :default_rofl:

• Haha 1