Live 'Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow' Posts

YnysMon

5 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Why would anyone in their right mind look to faceache for a weather forecast?

It was just one someone had posted.  I wouldn’t take any notice of it personally - just mentioned that someone had posted it.  It’s probably from either the Express or Star, both of which like to scaremonger with dodgy forecasting.  This time last week, they were predicting a whiteout for this week, with ten inches of snow and freezing conditions!  Says a lot, really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Wow! That was a long day Helen. I’m guessing it feels good to have made the crossing back without risking waiting too long and the weather changing. 

Yes, it does feel good. We will be making our way to Brooms first thing tomorrow to hunker down before the wind rises. 

• Like 2

Maybe we'd try those places if we were on a hire boat but as our home mooring inBrundall is so handy we will stay on our home mooring. Then, if the wind is too strong for cruising, we can go places by car. Lots to see and do in Norfolk and Suffolk. Alternatively, with the train station being so handy we could go somewhere by train.

Getting our pump out and fuel now. We can always use the marina facilities for the rest of the week, so that we don't have to move the boat on Friday, and having electric heaters on board means we won't be using up diesel for the heating.

:default_biggrin:

• Like 7

Enjoy the rest of the week Helen / Graham

Anything happening at the Yare PH of note?

The walk into the village to the Ram and / or Casa Mia are nice also 

We once planned to walk to the Shoulder of Mutton at Strumpshaw as the footpath beside the station takes you that way, but we never made it as friends made alternative arrangements so if you like a walk a bit further afield and the weather is OK you may want to give it a try

Other than that drives out or train journeys are good options, especially with a floating hotel to come back to

Stay safe and have a good one

• Thanks 1

We got a reply today from Brooms in response to our query about the engine coolant arrangement (which was done via our management agency). The query was prompted by Vaughan's post. 

'The cap is the correct pressure cap for the engine. A blank cap and expansion bottle is an optional extra that isn’t required.'

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

The walk into the village to the Ram and / or Casa Mia are nice also 

Thanks for the suggestions Warren. We had been thinking that the Casa Mia would be good this evening, but Graham had a stomach upset this morning, so we'll be staying on board and eating something plain and simple this evening. At least he's feeling better now, so we should be good to go somewhere tomorrow. 

• Like 1

We've changed our plans again. Severe gales are now forecast for tomorrow and we don't fancy driving home in that lot, so we are going home today instead. Thank goodness we came back to our home mooring, refuelled etc. yesterday.

Graham still isn't feeling well, so he wants to be home anyway. 

At least we have another week in May to look forward to and then July.

Our winter allocation next year is also in February. I just hope that February doesn't turn out jinxed for us. We've had two February allocations so far, both with named storms. 

:default_badday:

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

I don’t blame you Helen. Last night was pretty bad, and if this next storm is worse as predicted it makes sense to go home today. Wishing you a safe journey and hope Graham feels better soon. Looking forward to your detailed write up :) 

• Like 1

Good plan indeed, today is meant to be a bit blowy but mostly good, tomorrow is another matter, I don't think eunice is even a hint of a storm yet but the models have got so much better now they have a pretty good idea what it's going to do overnight, they are talking about explosive cyclogenesis which I seem to recall being what caught Michael Fish out albeit unheard of back then (he was right though, there was no hurricane).

We've had it fairly easy in st.neots with dudley but I did find a tree down on the morning dog walk this morning, I may have to visit it with the chainsaw on saturday as I doubt clearing a council playing field is a priority, good job I had 2 new chains turn up this week, I feel a log store top up coming on.

• Like 1

I don't envy you at all Helen! Last night here in Church Lawford was very very very windy with intermittent heavy rain. I have a weather station fixed to the top of my double garage and the wind has managed to turn it 45 degrees out of alignment so the wind direction reading on the receiving station in the house is all to pot at the moment!!  If the wind dies down a little this morning I'll get up to it and re-align it! Sunny at the moment here but still very windy and more rain on the way!  Have a safe journey home.

Chris

Sorry to hear that your latest allocation has come to a premature end and that Graham is still unwell.  I hope that once home, he makes a speedy recovery.

As for February breaks on the Broads, it’s British weather.  We’ve had awful holidays in summer before.  Our first full week allocation was at the beginning of February 2019 and the weather was great - cold but bright.  We had to finish early that week due to the heating/battery issues that seem ever present on the boat that the yard seem unable to resolve, but a good break nevertheless.

90772EB4-6C6C-47E5-A1DE-F2B1C56620FA.jpeg

0F3B5205-EF7D-45DD-8A00-A33E10D44D2D.jpeg

• Like 3