Live 'Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow' Posts

YnysMon

Today we are moored on the wild mooring on Womack Dyke, not far from the dyke entrance. Malcolm (Mouldy) and his wife Debbie are moored further down on the BA moorings and we've already had a chat and are planning to meet up later. 

We have also been into the village to the butcher's and the Womack bakery, so have lots of goodies on board. 

IMG_20220720_114408913_HDR.jpg

• Like 7

We had originally thought to follow Malcolm and Debbie to PH and Latham's this morning, but after some consideration Graham decided he was more likely to get the items that he wanted in Roy's DIY,.   besides, we thought the longer cruise would be good for our final day.

It cost us £7 to moor up in Barnes Brinkcraft for a couple of hours, but I suppose that was cheaper than paying the pilot so that we could moor the other side of the bridge. 

On the way back down to Horning we stopped at the daytime visitor moorings at Hoveton Great Broad and the boys and I went around the boardwalk. It was a lot longer than I anticipated with a lot of informative signs dotted here and there about the plants growing there. The warden on duty was full of information too, so it was well worth the visit, even if Graham had to stay with Seren. 

We got back to Horning Pleasurecraft shortly after 3pm. Several other syndicate boats had also returned or did so shortly after us. Shame we are on the opposite side!

• Like 5

14 hours ago, YnysMon said:

We had originally thought to follow Malcolm and Debbie to PH and Latham's this morning, but after some consideration Graham decided he was more likely to get the items that he wanted in Roy's DIY,.   besides, we thought the longer cruise would be good for our final day.

It cost us £7 to moor up in Barnes Brinkcraft for a couple of hours, but I suppose that was cheaper than paying the pilot so that we could moor the other side of the bridge. 

On the way back down to Horning we stopped at the daytime visitor moorings at Hoveton Great Broad and the boys and I went around the boardwalk. It was a lot longer than I anticipated with a lot of informative signs dotted here and there about the plants growing there. The warden on duty was full of information too, so it was well worth the visit, even if Graham had to stay with Seren. 

We got back to Horning Pleasurecraft shortly after 3pm. Several other syndicate boats had also returned or did so shortly after us. Shame we are on the opposite side!

Helen the plan is the have all the syndicate boats together.

Regards

Alan

16 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Helen the plane is the have all the syndicate boats together.

Regards

Alan

Yes, so I'd heard. That will a lot more convivial.

By the way, it hasn't exactly been peaceful in the basin this evening, as they had a large party of kids (age 10-11'ish) learning to paddle board. They were having a wonderful time. It was joyous to watch...if a little noisy. 

😊

12 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Yes, so I'd heard. That will a lot more convivial.

By the way, it hasn't exactly been peaceful in the basin this evening, as they had a large party of kids (age 10-11'ish) learning to paddle board. They were having a wonderful time. It was joyous to watch...if a little noisy. 

😊

Hello Helen

We have seen a number of paddle board training sessions when we have been on the boat. They are welcomed to the cold and murky water in the marina.

Regards 

Alan

• Like 1

Having seen the instructors at work whilst on Silver Cloud they are very professional but like you Alan I don't feel like a voluntary dunk in Clive's marina. Maybe if they do an old dodderers course I might have a change of heart although just the thought brings on the arthritis!

Fred

• Haha 3

We’ll we are home. Had a good journey back, as the traffic in our direction was flowing, can’t say the same for the other direction though!

I slept part of the way as I’ve been feeling pretty ropey since yesterday, which rather spoiled the end of the holiday. I went to bed before 8 yesterday evening, but managed to do my bit in cleaning MS this morning. I have cold/flu symptoms. I did a lateral flow test when I got home and…yep, it’s positive. I count myself fortunate to have gone so long without catching it. 

• Sad 6

11 minutes ago, kpnut said:

Oh poor you Helen. Get well soon and hope the family don't get it.

I hope so too. My cousin suggested I isolate, if it wasn’t too late. I think having the symptoms for the first 24 hours on a relatively confined boat and then the car journey home makes isolation a bit pointless. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

I hope so too. My cousin suggested I isolate, if it wasn’t too late. I think having the symptoms for the first 24 hours on a relatively confined boat and then the car journey home makes isolation a bit pointless. 

I drove home from Norfolk with my mum in the front seat. Later that night she tested positive and I never got it. I has just assumed I would.

• Like 1

similar here, my dad had a cataract operation, and as it was the only place he had been, we are sure thats where he caught it, my mum came down with it a few days later, yet I have apparently escaped and i drove my dad to his operation (i did wisely stay in the car outside while i waited). of course it may just be that i caught it but an one of the lucky few that had no symptoms.

• Like 1

Normal service on the main 'Carried Away' thread will be resumed now. I probably won't be posting on this thread until we have our next trip on MS from 30th December, though we are hoping to be back on the Broads before that.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, kpnut said:

So are you coming north Helen?

We are north, just passed under Yarmouth bridges.

We moored at Somerlayton last night. I couldn't post as the signal there is virtually non existent. Started out just before dawn this morning. We had to be a bit creative with the starboard night nav light, as the one on the boat isn't working. Good thing that Seren's poo bags are green. IMG_20220914_060658989.thumb.jpg.6d7c5ef40855e7b780469849f1a49748.jpgIMG_20220914_060710425.thumb.jpg.635bc128f14e78ad17315360b4502ab3.jpgIMG_20220914_073220101_HDR.thumb.jpg.40ad91848b319851efe32c42d7ad06f6.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1