Live 'Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow' Posts

YnysMon

5 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Just as we were leaving How Hill Kate (kpnut) passed us, ironically on her way from Neatishead to Acle (if I heard correctly). Hope we get to meet up up properly Kate

I chose Potter Heigham Helen. And yep, hope we have a meet-up in the next few days for humans and dogs!

17 hours ago, kpnut said:

I chose Potter Heigham Helen. And yep, hope we have a meet-up in the next few days for humans and dogs!

Good to see you earlier Kate, even if it was just for a fairly brief walk at St Benet's in between showers 

We are now nicely tucked up on our home mooring before the wind strengthens this afternoon. It's already picking up. 

3 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Helen, being as you are in the marina is Ranworth Breeze still on the boat lift? It is having its winter service at the moment

Regards

Alan

Yes, she sat just in front of the boat lift. Blue Mist looks like she's having some work done too. She's moored up opposite where the hire boats are normally (in the corner).

The Admiral (Russel) is on board Thunder this week too. I haven't yet met him though. Kate (who met him at Potter Heigham yesterday) told me that he's got people with him, so I don't like to crash their party, even though Thunder also returned to HPC this afternoon. 

• Thanks 1

We went to Cromer today by car. The dogs had a really good run in Pretty Corner Woods (just off the Sheringham road), so we left them in the car whilst we had a look around Cromer. Lots of the cafes were dog friendly though.

IMG_20230104_121410922.thumb.jpg.0fd372b2e23862e5ced5d223cc15ed05.jpg

IMG_20230104_143808521_HDR.thumb.jpg.43387ef0dc0b9bfc6a56d2b8471dfe95.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I bet you felt quite windswept on the front.
I took mum there in summer 2021, as she’d gone there with dad on a holiday when they were first married, in 1952.
It was packed out with lots of families enjoying themselves.  We bought dressed crab from a little stall a road back from the front and it was delicious. 

19 minutes ago, floydraser said:

Did you get crabs? :default_hiding::facepalm::default_blush::default_sailing:

No we didn’t, and at least one cafe had a sign outside saying they didn’t have any crab. Probably too early after the holiday. I didn’t find a crab stall either. Shame, I love a fresh crab sandwich. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

.... around Cromer. Lots of the cafes were dog friendly though.

Doggie Diner on Mount Street is also human friendly, but I guess the punters would think you are barking’ if not accompanied by a hound or two!

You picked a nice day, dry and mild and not too busy. Fifteen degrees when I was driving not too many miles away.

Enjoy the rest of your voyage.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Enjoyed visiting the Blue Sky cafe the last time we were there. Wonderful home made treats

I did get the impression that Cromer is very well endowed with cafes. Spoiled for choice. We went to Hatter's Tea Room. Very nice it was too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YnysMon said:

No we didn’t, and at least one cafe had a sign outside saying they didn’t have any crab. Probably too early after the holiday. I didn’t find a crab stall either. Shame, I love a fresh crab sandwich. 

I see they are trying to resurect the Crab Festival this year as they haven't had one since 2019.

• Like 1

That is a good photo of You Helen and having Seren & Pozzic looking on ahead behind you while you are going along on your way :default_stinky:  to Salhouse Broad I believe it's a nice place to visit for walkies for these Two :55c8f94984577_default_AnimatedGifDogs(127)::55c8f94984577_default_AnimatedGifDogs(127): as they have got water there now but No shore Power what a pity.  You all have a pleasant day today.

I did a double take when I read where you were going! And pondered where on earth was somewhere I’d missed on the Broads. Then I clicked. 
Good choice. 

For anyones info-no water there this winter. Don’t know if that’s always the case. 

After a sunny start, the weathers taken a turn for the worse. A soggy doggy day!

Oops! No we didn’t go to Scotland. Actually, Salhouse wasn’t that great. Sure, the dogs had a run but Seren had a real barking session at the swans that had hissed at her and then Pozzick sneaked under a barbed wire fence into a field and ate something (horse poo?).

Today didn’t quite go as planned. We thought we’d spend the night at Ranworth but have ended back in Horning Pleasurecraft on our home mooring again. Harry and Graham are travelling back to MK tomorrow morning and would like to start off early’ish.