Live 'Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow' Posts

YnysMon

3 hours ago, Mouldy said:

We were on holiday near Bethesda when Diana was killed and returned home on the day of her funeral.  I have to say that I’d never seen the roads as empty as they were that day.

We were on the Broads that week, got the news Sundày morning outside Rockland New Inn. It felt so wrong driving home the following Saturday we pulled into a lay by on the A12 behind an Eastern Counties bus and listened to the funeral on the radio. 

Pleased I spotted you this morning Helen. I had looked up slack time at G. Yarmouth and thought you’d probably pass me between 8 and 8.30, which you did. Id opened the curtains and had meant to keep a better watch and been ready to take a photo, but I was brought a cup of tea in bed (sofa bed) and sort of forgot! It was just luck I looked out at that precise moment! 
Glad to hear you safely got over and moored up. 
Are you north again next week or staying closer to base?

We think we'll stay south next week. I like the Breydon crossing, but it does take time, and we only have four days.

Don't tell Graham, but I have a hankering to visit a fabric shop in Norwich. I already own too much fabric, so will try not to buy much, if anything, but when you rely on buying online mostly, the opportunity to actually feel fabric is a bonus. Buying fabric online is a bit of a gamble, you can't really judge the weight or feel of it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Just started out on our way back to Oulton Broad, having watched the Queen's funeral services at home. I thought the service from Windsor was particularly moving.

I thought the same especially after the Queen's coffin was lowered into the chapel vault and you could see that King Charles was fighting to compose himself when the National Anthem was sung.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ExSurveyor said:

I guess the reality must have hit, he was unsure at the start of the service about sitting in the monarch's chair instead of his usual position in the front row. I saw Edward confirming he should.

It must have been extremely difficult for the family to grieve with so much coverage.

Yes, I thought so too. I also thought the King looked absolutely shattered. Apart from the emotional pressure and grief, I would think it's also been very physically demanding time with all those trips around the country. 

• Like 2

I agree the king did look exhausted, likewise  the queen consort who looked to be beset with nerves. After the punishing schedule they had both endured in recent days it was hardly surprising. I doubt they have had a single relaxed moment since the Queen's passing. I couldn't maintain the stamina to do half of what they have done. My admiration knows no bounds.

Carole

• Like 4

Currently at Beccles. We need a pump out, but Hippersons advised that they are too busy with day boats until late morning. At least the wait has given me time to pop up to the butcher's and Tesco's. 

Once we get our pump out, we'll be heading all the way back downriver to the New Cut. 

1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

Currently at Beccles. We need a pump out, but Hippersons advised that they are too busy with day boats until late morning. At least the wait has given me time to pop up to the butcher's and Tesco's. 

And the needlework shop, perhaps?  😉

We got up early and started off around 7 again this morning. Hope we didn't disturb the crews of Lightning and Peter's Joy too much.

It's been a lovely cruise into Norwich. I have one grumble...where is the promised sunshine? At last it's not raining though. 

• Like 1