Live 'Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow' Posts

YnysMon

48 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Not sure to be honest.  The lads at the Yarmouth Yacht Station usually post tide times daily on Facebook and to be honest, I’d go by those.  They’re there and know the tides and times better than anyone I would imagine.  When we crossed last Sunday, all three times were different (Yacht Station published, Broads.org website and Aweigh app).  We followed the yacht station ones and they were spot on!

My biggest bugbear with the information from the Yarmouth Yacht Station is that they do not give the height of the tides so I usually look at the Broads Authority tide tables which do.

• Like 1

Having overnighted at Burgh Castle Thursday night and "followed the tide" back to Brundall yesterday morning I would say that the Aweigh app was pretty close to "actual", and yes plenty of mud flats visible Thursday late afternoon at the confluence of the Yare and Waveney

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We made to to Beccles today. The original plan had been to try to get to Gelderston, I anticipated that the earlier than expected tide would put the kibosh on that, so we phoned Beccles to book a mooring instead. When we got there a large portion of the quay was marked as reserved. 

Stopped off at Burgh Castle on the way. 

Wherry Albion arrived a few minutes ago to take up that reserved space 

IMG_20220716_163557161_HDR.jpg

• Like 6

Earlier this week when we were on board in the heat, after all this time owning Luna, we had a revelation and realised we could have the front screens down but the canopy still in place so letting in a lovely breeze but having plenty of shade.  The use of two 12v fans were also a godsend.  I also found the boat was relatively cool at night so slept well unlike at home.

• Like 1

Doing the dinghying if that’s a word and now paddleboarding, it must be like having the boys around as youngsters, how lovely. It’s beautiful down at Gelderston isn’t it? I went last September. 
The breeze seems to have got up a bit this afternoon at Stalham, so with both front and back doors open there’s a good flow of air. But heaven knows how much dust will be coming in. No cleaning until the morning I think, we’ll that’s my excuse. 
I too haven’t found it too hot at night. 
Beccles area is just lovely Helen, enjoy every moment. 

• Like 1

disappointed to miss the good weather this week but I won't miss being onboard Monday and Tuesday. Up on Friday for the rest of the summer 😎

If you have a reasonable freezer compartment, partially fill a hot water bottle and put it in, I have gained a lot of brownie points this week.:default_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

We've had a full on day today. From Geldeston to Norwich and now from Norwich to who knows where... somewhere nearer to the sea and cooler hopefully.

Meanwhile, our syndicate Chair has been in touch with our management agency to let them know that the syndicate members have decided to move to self management and we've agreed a date when that will take effect.

We had a very productive EGM last week and secured a unanimous vote for self management, so that was very positive. We've had a lot of help and advice from other syndicates, so we think we have a realistic view on what it will entail. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

We've had a full on day today. From Geldeston to Norwich and now from Norwich to who knows where... somewhere nearer to the sea and cooler hopefully.

Full day?  You can say that again!!  Make our gentle jaunt pale into insignificance! We went all the way from Gayes Staithe to Ranworth, topped up with water, bought the butter I forgot to get from Tesco yesterday from the shop at the staithe (with a well deserved ice cream each) and then made the epic voyage to St Benedict’s Church moorings, where we are still.  Cobb on, chicken cooking, wine sliding down a little to easily and really enjoying the day!

CBBEE6D0-B9B4-4861-A454-A6FB86011A35.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Oh Lulu, I want to put up a like type icon, but there isn’t one for ‘not sure whether that’s good or bad’!!!!!

Definitely good in this sort of heat I must say. I was doing the hoovering/cleaning this morning before leaving. It was stifling. The lads on the boat next door we’re doing a full rewire of the boat, don’t know how they could stand it. I only undid s few screws to take the curtain poles down (to bring the brackets home to modify them) and that was enough for me. 

17 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Arrived at Polkey's Mill about 20 minutes ago (20:40). We have done some travelling today!

If it wasn’t before, that new engine will be well and truly run-in now!!  😉😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mouldy said:

Full day?  You can say that again!!  Make our gentle jaunt pale into insignificance! We went all the way from Gayes Staithe to Ranworth, topped up with water, bought the butter I forgot to get from Tesco yesterday from the shop at the staithe (with a well deserved ice cream each) and then made the epic voyage to St Benedict’s Church moorings, where we are still.  Cobb on, chicken cooking, wine sliding down a little to easily and really enjoying the day!

CBBEE6D0-B9B4-4861-A454-A6FB86011A35.jpeg

Got to love the Cobb 😃

That us settled for the day.

I was thinking we crossed Breydon a little too early, but the lower Bure was fairly slack. It was a warmer cruise up the Bure than yesterday's cruises as the breeze was mostly behind us, so not as cooling, but I'm glad I'm here not stuck in my home office.

We have one of those perfect Ant wild moorings...perfect for a hot day anyway, with shade. We are on the first wild mooring downstream from Irstead.

The only snag is...the signal here is rubbish and I can't upload photos.

• Like 4