Oy! Slow Down Mate.

SteveO

4 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Your avatar suggests you have a long boat, about 42ft.  These can often give the impression that they are going faster than they really are, especially in a narrow waterway.

I believe it's an (AF) Bourne 35?

But yeah some hull shapes give a lot more wash than others at the same speed. It doesn't tend to be the AF stuff though.

Did they get there little paddle out and start waving it around? 

The best thing you can do in this situation is shout these exact words, "I don't have time for ping pong today" and just carry on doing whatever you were doing before. Some times they'll follow you, waving it with there silly little blue light on but that's just because they can't get enough of ping pong. I promise they will stop eventually though. 

Always worked for me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We got shouted at a couple of years ago back coming back through Reedham.. We was only doing 3mph.. We was basically hugging the far side bank so we wouldn’t cause any disruption to Moored boats along Reedham quay..The raymarine speedo was saying 2.8mph and my GPS was saying 3mph.. luckily her indoors was filming at the time as we came through the bridge... so she carried on filming the speedo and GPS and him being abrupt shouting...

I was so angry 😡 we turned around and managed to moor up at Reedham and basically showed him the the footage and suggested he changed his mannerisms. I was in two minds at the time to send it to the BA .. As I found out.. He wasn’t the Normal ranger at Reedham.. Luckily enough we managed to sort it out with an apology from him and left a happy boater once again..

• Like 3

3 hours ago, riverman said:

The best thing you can do in this situation is shout these exact words, "I don't have time for ping pong today" and just carry on doing whatever you were doing before. Some times they'll follow you, waving it with there silly little blue light on but that's just because they can't get enough of ping pong. I promise they will stop eventually though. 

Always worked for me. 

Send in the 'auditors'! 

It's the bow wave that they look at my previse boat had a block of steel bolted to the anchor if i hadn't pulled it fully in it use to cause a bow wave as it was squar on  no matter what speed i was doing, always got shouted at when going up river by a particular ranger  but never when going down river as it was on other side. John

23 hours ago, riverman said:

Always worked for me. 

Oh yes, there was paddle waving, but I thought it best not to invite the lady to a game of pingpong, given that I was 0.2mph over the limit and that she would most likely have beaten me, as my varifocals make me useless at pingpong.

3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

You could always make you own paddle and wave back, be polite now kiddies....

I think my wife wanted to but she couldn't fit "I can't believe you've nothing better to do than persecute an old man enjoying his boat" on it. 

• Like 1