Tv Reception

Wonderwall

Hi, all .

I'm getting an excited wee boy , as myself and the gaffer, and a Brucie bonus , my daughter and son (free holiday for them, withย Ibiza etc with the young team ย a non starter) are due down on the 18/6 for a week on Sapphire light. I really canny wait.๐Ÿ˜

Anyway, while I'm down, Scotland play their final group match (also most probably there final tournament match ๐Ÿ˜‚) on the Tuesday . Now England play at the same time , and for some reason thats what all the pubs will be showing ๐Ÿ˜‰. The Scotland match is on ITV 4. Does anyone know of a particularly good mooring /area which receives a strong TV signal. We never usually bother with the TV on holiday , apart from the odd football game or Wimbledon if Andy Murray is strutting his stuff. So I know that the signal can be patchy at best.ย 

Any help would be mucho appreciated , or if you know of any Jock sympathisers who may show the match.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜˜

After all this , by the time this game comes round we will be played 2 lost 2 ๐Ÿ˜’, and I will be in a corner fishing away from all TV's , sayingย  "Euro,s ? , what Euro's?" ๐Ÿ˜‚

Cheers folks, cant wait to get back, and get praying for High pressure so I can get under that bridge. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ‘€

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Dependant of aerial I find Ranworth very good , you point the aerial between the pub and the church , I get 40+ channels thereย 

Cheers

Is the "shed" at Wroxham no longer ? When I was at Wroxham last year, it was just a big shed, full of junk.ย 

Hi You dont say if you will be North or South or whereย you expect to be on the Tuesday most areas will be ok best to have a open area to the West of where you areย ย the transmitter will be Westish, andย if raining trees will block the signal if in front of the arial. John

• Like 1

On the Yare this week we got a good strong signal at Hardley Mill but it depends on many things including weather, surrounding vegetation, aerial and ground plane, receiver, etc.

• Like 1

Guest Jayfire

As this is 2021 :default_norty:ย I thought I'd better check what your viewing platform availability is Wonderwall as Internet signal may very well be stronger than tv signal allowing you to stream the footy, especially if you're somewhere where you can hook up to someone else's wifi

As for you Scots, as long as Robbo doesn't get injured and can safely return to Liverpool for some rest and recovery before the real football restarts, you're welcome to lose every game as heavily as you pleaseย :default_biggrin:

22 hours ago, Jayfire said:

As this is 2021 :default_norty:ย I thought I'd better check what your viewing platform availability is Wonderwall as Internet signal may very well be stronger than tv signal allowing you to stream the footy, especially if you're somewhere where you can hook up to someone else's wifi

As for you Scots, as long as Robbo doesn't get injured and can safely return to Liverpool for some rest and recovery before the real football restarts, you're welcome to lose every game as heavily as you pleaseย :default_biggrin:

At least you can watch a Liverpool player at the Euros , cause you are unlikely to see one play for England.๐Ÿ˜œ

• Like 1

I use to have terrible TV reception, for example I couldn't get any channel at Ranworth. I now get 30+ channels almost everywhere and have since thrown away my more expensive Flying Saucer type aerial.ย 

My solution was to go on the Forum and ask for help, I then purchased an aerial from Screwfix for ยฃ13.49p as recommended by Simon (AKA Cambridge Cabby). I often don't have to bother with aiming the aerial in any particular direction.ย 

ย Might be worth getting one and rigging up with a length of cable and maybe a pole. If you search TV aerial here on the Forum, you will no doubt find it.ย 

ย 

Good luck

Paul

On 05/06/2021 at 10:55, Wonderwall said:

Any help would be mucho appreciated , or if you know of any Jock sympathisers who may show the match.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜˜

ย 

Hmm, difficult one that. Do any of the squad normally play for Ip***ch? If so, no chance at all near Norwich.ย :default_coat:

Guest MrTumble
On 06/06/2021 at 11:26, Wonderwall said:

At least you can watch a Liverpool player at the Euros , cause you are unlikely to see one play for England.๐Ÿ˜œ

You really must be feelingย Schick to death right now mateย :default_smiley-angelic002:

3 hours ago, Jayfire said:

You really must be feelingย Schick to death right now mateย :default_smiley-angelic002:

Canโ€™t say Iโ€™m surprised ๐Ÿ™„. Scotland have too many bang average players Iโ€™m afraid. We didnโ€™t get the breaks, we never seem to , but the better team won ๐Ÿฅฒ.

Andy Robertson was probably the only ย Scotland player who would get in that Czech team.ย 

On 05/06/2021 at 12:56, CambridgeCabby said:

The worst reception Iโ€™ve found on the northern rivers has been Salhouseย 

Agreed. ย Probablyย the only place on the Broads where we cannot get TV reception.