Richardsons The Best

FairTmiddlin

Guessing it's this one Simon

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/business/richardsons-boss-says-uk-holidays-here-to-stay-8465084

Not quite sure what this means:
"He expects with the addition of Easter being open next year he will see a similar performance again next year – and he expects boating holidays to be up about 30% next year. “Basically that will flatten out because we’ll be sold out,” he said"

If they were sold out this year, surely Easter (which wasn't available to book this year), will not increase their turnover by 30%. Plus they have disposed of over 30 of this season's boats, and as far as I can tell, have replaced them with just 4 small cruisers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Coryton said:

But - if our recent hire was typical of them, and I think it was - in good condition and very well turned out.

I couldn’t agree more. Bridgecraft have a business plan which is ideal for the size of their operation. They have a first class reputation. Their  boats are well turned out with an excellent end of season maintenance and upgrade programme. I have yet to see a critical review of their operation, service or presentation of their boats.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DAVIDH said:

Guessing it's this one Simon

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/business/richardsons-boss-says-uk-holidays-here-to-stay-8465084

Not quite sure what this means:
"He expects with the addition of Easter being open next year he will see a similar performance again next year – and he expects boating holidays to be up about 30% next year. “Basically that will flatten out because we’ll be sold out,” he said"

If they were sold out this year, surely Easter (which wasn't available to book this year), will not increase their turnover by 30%. Plus they have disposed of over 30 of this season's boats, and as far as I can tell, have replaced them with just 4 small cruisers. 

Thanks David, yes I found that comment a bit odd, I'm pretty sure most yards were full on most of the season, so can't see where the 30% growth comes from and like you say a fairly substantial reduction in the Stalham fleet ( unless he means the broads entire hire fleets )

4 hours ago, andyg said:

Thanks David, yes I found that comment a bit odd, I'm pretty sure most yards were full on most of the season, so can't see where the 30% growth comes from and like you say a fairly substantial reduction in the Stalham fleet ( unless he means the broads entire hire fleets )

Perhaps this is the most relevant statement regarding increased turnover.

0A9A514F-B5D6-46B8-8109-1F7475DCB993.thumb.jpeg.237bf102a3a2870eb2173418a710f3e9.jpeg

Not sure how much more prices can be pushed before people will be deterred from holidaying in the UK.  Looking at a near 50% increase in price over this years cost for a week in a mobile home on a park in Cornwall, has been enough to dissuade me from going again next year.  We’ll spend more time on our boat.

Obviously, for those folk who do not have the luxury of their own holiday base, there are fewer alternatives, but if prices are pushed too far, maybe a staycation may turn out to be just that, staying at home and having a few days out, especially with the impact of increased fuel costs yet to take effect.

• Like 3

Just now, andyg said:

No your not, personally I think your pretty spot on...

So do I.

Nothing will stop the Great British Heaving Public from rushing off to a Mediterranean beach for their "Divine Right" to a holiday in the sun.  Even though they know perfectly well they will have to stand for 5 hours in a concrete airport with no toilets, seats or food (until you get through border control) they will still do it.  We have seen it happening for the last 2 years as soon as it looked as though you could get back to Spain again.

I don't understand this at all but it is now in the public mentality and I don't think a "staycation" is going to tempt them away from Tenerife in future.

So I think Broads businesses should realise that this is all going to get back to normal again soon - it has to - and plan their fleets and their pricing accordingly.

• Like 4

Back to Richardsons !  If anyone is interested some of the boats for sale have appeared on the Boat Shed sales site, they are quite good as they take a lot of photos.

Some of them are looking fairly tired so it's easy to see why they are moving them on.

Just now, NeilB said:

Back to Richardsons !  If anyone is interested some of the boats for sale have appeared on the Boat Shed sales site, they are quite good as they take a lot of photos.

Some of them are looking fairly tired so it's easy to see why they are moving them on.

Well spotted Neil. If it helps, this is the link

https://www.richardsonsboatsales.net/ 

33 minutes ago, NeilB said:

I just watched the “start up” video of the lowliner. Is the flashing red light and siren like noise standard on Richos cruisers?! There’s no slipping away quietly without waking the crew with all that going on!

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I just watched the “start up” video of the lowliner. Is the flashing red light and siren like noise standard on Richos cruisers?! There’s no slipping away quietly without waking the crew with all that going on!

On quite a few hire boats there are buzzers on start up, most have some form of red light as temp,low oil pressure warning indicator. So pretty common.