Roadworks 2022

TheQ

Ye here we go again road works already..

Usual place Wroxham, on the Norwich road, just up slope of the Loynes car park.. Appears to be sewage / drainage works there's a big pump there..

Traffic lioght controlled.

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

Completely forgot about these and we were at at standstill for ages today. Absolute chaos with people getting out of their cars or turning around. Will go home via Acle instead on Sunday in case they aren’t finished. 

Just now, SwanR said:

The roadworks could be there until 24th January, so a while yet. While fixing a problem with the sewer they are taking the opportunity to do some other investigating and fixing up at the same time.

Thank you Jean. That’s made the decision easy now. Acle it will definitely be on Sunday 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

I did read on a local Facebook group yesterday evening that a pipe had split and there was now a somewhat unpleasant scene down there. The relevant authorities had been called and hopefully attended. 

I went through yesterday about 20:00 and it was all sorted effluent wise. I just wish they'd get a shift on with the repair.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SwanR said:

I have read that the permit for these roadworks has been extended to 4th February. 

Doesn't surprise me I passed it this morning and there is very little sign of the big hole being filled in..

It's starting to cause real issues for us. My daughter, still reliant on me for transport, now works some evenings in Norwich. I have mandatory meetings to conclude before I can set off from home with her. It was tight, but doable before these roadworks. Now she is late most days, which for a young person in their first job, reflects poorly.  ( if I go via Coltishall it's heading the wrong way and still adds around 8 mins to the journey over a clear road in Wroxham )

Just passed through, they don’t look any further forward. 
This was one of our reasons for moving to Salhouse from over the other side of the bridge. You expect  a back log in summer but not this this time of year, there is one set of road works after another on this road.

John

• Like 2

Booooo there's a new set of Road works...

This time in Horstead, between the Recruiting Sergeant and the Bridge.. Absolute Chaos, I joined the queue  near Crostwick...

The trouble being if you get a car stopping across the Frettenham road Junction or the Hoveton Road Junction the whole lot backs up, even worse if an Artic is forced to stop on the bridge..

• Thanks 2