Nbn Spring Meet Saturday 20th May 2023

FairTmiddlin

Trouble with 10 day weather charts is they can be seriously misleading, especially after the first 5 days or so. Before now we’ve looked forward to having a wonderful sunny holiday only to be disappointed by lots of end and showers. 

On 16/04/2023 at 10:43, FairTmiddlin said:

The moorings have been secured for those who are attending and these have been paid for.

Moorings are £12 per night.

Can we please have your mooring fees paid by the Donate button ( Below the adverts on left).

Can you please leave a note, as to your forum name and which boat you are paying for.

For anyone wishing to attend that hasn't booked yet we do have a few spares just in case.

Fees paid £24 two nights Silver Haze.   Andy Allen ( BOATYMAN ) 

• Thanks 1

Well it looks as though the planets are aligned differently for me this year and it is sadly unlikely that we will be able to attend the meet-up on Windmill Lady. There's still a slim chance that we can attend, and we will if we can, but please take our boat and names off the list and we will take our chances on the day. 

• Sad 1

Broadland Grebe will overnight at Ranworth on Friday, having departed wetshed early Friday am with crew. No doubt the crew will avail themselves of the delights of the Maltsters Friday night, but will be ready to sail on Saturday am as required for CinC.  We will be keep listening watch on PMR channel 4 from 0900 Saturday. 

13 hours ago, socrates said:

Broadland Grebe will overnight at Ranworth on Friday, having departed wetshed early Friday am with crew. No doubt the crew will avail themselves of the delights of the Maltsters Friday night, but will be ready to sail on Saturday am as required for CinC.  We will be keep listening watch on PMR channel 4 from 0900 Saturday. 

Had advised those indicating they they wish to join the CinC to assemble in Malthouse broad (Ranworth) and to be ready to depart at 11:00hrs 

• Like 2

Well, I know it's only Monday. But!

The forecast from the Met Office is looking favourable for Friday and Saturday

Friday 10 am 13C - 1-4 pm 15C - 7 pm 14C. Wind speeds between 6 - 8 mph.

Saturday 10 am 14C - 1-4 pm 15C -  7pm 14C. Wind speeds between 9 - 10 mph.

Perfect meet weather

• Like 4

work is progressing on water Rail, i am told she will be going back in the water wednesday, I was also told that due to the weather being so wet until now, I would have a tin of varnish to be applied to the bare wood cabin sides as I progress through my time aboard. (not a problem as i enjoy that sort of thing.)

50 minutes ago, grendel said:

work is progressing on water Rail, i am told she will be going back in the water wednesday, I was also told that due to the weather being so wet until now, I would have a tin of varnish to be applied to the bare wood cabin sides as I progress through my time aboard. (not a problem as i enjoy that sort of thing.)

Can you also give the new rudder a second coat... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, grendel said:

One rule

Shiny side outwards

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, grendel said:

Something wrong here Water Rail is having a bit of restoration  and not a single photo.

• Like 2

Just now, garryn said:

Something wrong here Water Rail is having a bit of restoration  and not a single photo.

I havent seen her yet, she only came out for a hull survey and thats when the rudder damage was found, a new rudder is being made and fitted, as that was more urgent than any other work. other than that some woodwork has been sanded down, but due to the weather the varnish has had to wait.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, grendel said:

I havent seen her yet, she only came out for a hull survey and thats when the rudder damage was found, a new rudder is being made and fitted, as that was more urgent than any other work. other than that some woodwork has been sanded down, but due to the weather the varnish has had to wait.

I was wondering what they had planned for us at the meet.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, NeilB said:

To be fair it's more epoxy than paint but still impressive, struggling to find a price though....

But Dave wants it spray painted. It gets a sleeker finish for more speed.:default_blink:

• Haha 1