Nbn Spring Meet Saturday 20th May 2023

FairTmiddlin

Well spotted a blockage at the bilge pump skin fitting, water stream was split, so ideal time to test the sit up paddle board. Board in water, paddle on the side deck, and I lowered myself to standing, then down to kneeling, finally sitting, got to the skin fitting just as the pump started, cleared the blockage and saw all was good.Β 

Then it was time to give those present a chance of a photo- well those that we awake anyway so cruised down the line of boats and back to water rail, so far, all good. Now how the heck do I get off, solved that by wedging the nose between boat and Quay heading, then walking toe to front and turning round and sitting on the quay heatown heading, so first paddle achievement d without creating aΒ  tsunami.Β 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, grendel said:

Well spotted a blockage at the bilge pump skin fitting, water stream was split, so ideal time to test the sit up paddle board. Board in water, paddle on the side deck, and I lowered myself to standing, then down to kneeling, finally sitting, got to the skin fitting just as the pump started, cleared the blockage and saw all was good.Β 

Then it was time to give those present a chance of a photo- well those that we awake anyway so cruised down the line of boats and back to water rail, so far, all good. Now how the heck do I get off, solved that by wedging the nose between boat and Quay heading, then walking toe to front and turning round and sitting on the quay heatown heading, so first paddle achievement d without creating aΒ  tsunami.Β 

I’m minding my own business cooking some bacon when I disturbed by a head floating past my cockpit window!!

Β 

2BB10959-164C-48D8-9582-222CC375FC2B.jpeg

F9FF499D-6239-41C4-967B-850F24781727.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

To all who attended the Annual meet this weekend, Thank you for coming.

Β A very enjoyable couple of days and some joyful hilarity was enjoyed by myself and hopefully all.

The weather was also our friend, and glorious sunshine and mostly clear blue Norfolk skies abounded.

Must admit to a slight tenderness to the solar panel at the back of my head.

Thanks once again for your company. We must do this again sometime

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FairTmiddlin said:

To all who attended the Annual meet this weekend, Thank you for coming.

Β A very enjoyable couple of days and some joyful hilarity was enjoyed by myself and hopefully all.

The weather was also our friend, and glorious sunshine and mostly clear blue Norfolk skies abounded.

Must admit to a slight tenderness to the solar panel at the back of my head.

Thanks once again for your company. We must do this again sometime

And a thank you to you Nigel for your hard work in arranging this years get togetherΒ 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

And a thank you to you Nigel for your hard work in arranging this years get togetherΒ 

A special 'thank you Nigel' from me, for driving me back to my car, that was parked at RanworthΒ Β 

And also a massive thank you to Griff, for inviting me onboard Broad Ambition for the c-in-c, and allowing me to helm the whole way from Ranworth to SalhouseΒ 

I certainly enjoyed the day, and had a great time chatting to many of you through the dayΒ Β 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Can I please thank Neil for once again transporting the forum gazebo and other bulky items aboard Rambling Rosie , and for others for their assistance in the erection and the taking down of the gazebo .

A good weekend was had (I believe) by all , Grendels bread was delicious as were the biscuits and blackcurrant vodka Kate generously proffered , as indeed were the delicious cakes here I must apologise as I have forgotten who it was whom disappeared during the quiz to bake them .

Also can I thank Socrates for leading the CinC from Ranworth .

And finally may I thank everyone who attended and made the weekend the joy it was .

• Like 13
  • Love 1

Looks like everyone had a good time.

I had intended to join you all at salhouse and cadge a lift on a boat to be part of the parade but unfortunately something cropped up so I couldn’t join you all.Β 

Hopefully next year I may even have a boat 🀣by then. 

RoyΒ 

7 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

as indeed were the delicious cakes here I must apologise as I have forgotten who it was whom disappeared during the quiz to bake them .

That was Helen (Ynys Mon) Simon, and a fine job she did too, especially seeing as my oven is a bit temperamental.Β 
Β 

• Thanks 2

We had such a lovely time. Our thanks to Kate firstly, for making it possible for us to attend, very generously offering to accommodate us as our Moonlight Shadow syndicate allocation ended the Friday right at the start of the meet weekend. An especial thanks for additionally accommodating our son Harry, who had unexpectedly joined us for the second week of our allocation. We found that Kate’s (relatively small boat) can easily accommodate four adults and three dogs. That’s one very well designed boat interior!

Our thanks to Simon (Cambridge Cabby) and everyone who helped out with the organisation, and to all the other attendees who made us so welcome.Β 

• Like 5