Snowing

clive

Last night was utter bedlam in Sheffield, cars abandoned all over the place, no trams, no buses and no gritter's out until about 9 o'clock, reports of people in there cars for over two hours traveling less than a mile.

By 10 o'clock it was still snowing and we had around 6 inch of snow, it takes less than an inch to bring Sheffield to a standstill because of our seven hills.

The snow and the Christmas lights made a lovely scene, great when you are indoors.

Regards

Alan

• Like 3

We thought we were going to get this where we are near Peterborough, but we only got the rain which gave the caravan quite a dousing.  If I had known I would have covered it in shampoo and let the rain wash it off!

Not far away from the worst it appears, surprising the difference a few miles makes.

Good luck those of you who are suffering.  

SueH

• Like 1

Our youngest daughter asked me to turn out at 6-45 am and help get her off our road as we live on a hill as she had to get to work at Mac Dees on the high street at Sheffield as she is in charge to day so she had to be there so I jumped in the Mondao and towed her up the hill and onto the main road which were reasonably clear at which she set off and I can only presume she got there as I have herd nothing from then she like me and Kathy love our boat and cant wait to get back she likes it best as her phone has no signal down there making it so work can not contact her.

Clive.

Typical Broadland weather here - no snow, no ice, no wind and lovely sun.

Long given up with Met Office and local BBC weather - neither hardly ever get it right especially the BBC!!! They should stick to what they appear to do best!!!!

What do they do best?

Dug the car out this morning, ice on our road and the next, only slush on the main road. Over 9 inches of snow on the cars roof.

I took our Michael to work this morning (I fitted my winter tyres on before I came down to the Broads at the beginning of December) and I needed to call into work to invoice a couple of items we had sold and take them to the post office.

They are tipping -5 degrees this evening so the thaw we have been having during the day will only cause more trouble in the night and early morning.

Regards

Alan

Calm down everybody.

Everybody is comparing inches.

This is not a good start to the new year.

We need a bit of decorum.

Mine is bigger than yours.

Sometimes bigger is not best.

It really comes down to experience.

Here in Norfolk snow is talked about in centemeters.

I feel happy with that in most things.

Old Wussername.

• Like 2