Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

1 minute ago, BroadAmbition said:

There has been 50+ craft passed us this morning. Not one has been speeding or came too close

Griff

They must have all been private then mate :default_fishing2:

:default_smiley-angelic002:

There are some of us hirers who take it gently, especially near anything as lovely as Broad Ambition. My one and only fish took bread off an un barbed hook, lucky or what. Loving this journey with you, thank you.

2 minutes ago, Meg said:

There are some of us hirers who take it gently, especially near anything as lovely as Broad Ambition.

If you are referring to my comment Meg, I assure you my tongue was firmly in my cheek :default_biggrin:

I am just about getting to know your sense of humour, does your name mean you were once a fireman (maybe still are). I worked in some fire stations and laughed a lot but missed a lot too. I miss the chat.

2 minutes ago, Meg said:

I am just about getting to know your sense of humour

Really? You think I have a sense of humour? And you have read the joke thread? :default_smiley-angelic002:

2 minutes ago, Meg said:

does your name mean you were once a fireman (maybe still are).

It's an online name I made up when I joined the fire service as a stupid 18 year old and I have ended up just keeping it

2 minutes ago, Meg said:

I worked in some fire stations and laughed a lot but missed a lot too. I miss the chat.

Yeah there is plenty of banter on station, what did you do Meg?

I was working with the trainers to develop a clear verification trail for their amazingly detailed fire fighters training schedule. Fantastic job but alas didn't get a ride on an appliance not even their all singing dancing new ones. Full of admiration for the hard job they do.. Sorry Griff highjacked your thread

• Like 1

We sailed before midday from our wild mooring straight to the wetshed - It was slightly cooler in there and got stuck into some items and of course the obligatory major clean through.  By the time we departed for home it was 1930.  With a stop for Macie dog we eventually got home for 2245, - missed the Sunday night at the Harvey Arms - Sod it.

So ends 10 days afloat with just mysen, MrsG and Macie dog and very good it was too.  Met up with friends not seen for far too long, visited Norwich which is a must for us.  Saw the Spitfire film, Took Indy out for a trip, and lots more besides.  Obviously the wx was awesome (Dare we say toooo hot?)  Our fish finder on a very warm afternoon recorded a water temperature of 30c at top level only dropping to 25c at 6ft below which is ridiculous.

We cruised for 27 x hrs and consumed 80 x Ltrs Diesel, that averages out at less than 3 x Ltrs per hour which is very good considering we had miles n miles of southern cruising against the tide.

Only had the tv on for DVD's two nights.  Funniest moment? (Which I got a telling off for) - at around 0030 one morning Mrs G was stargazing from the well deck and mentioned to me that the family of swans were still in the water by our well deck - Me - Really? There's a thing eh? - I would have thought they would have checked into a local hotel by now and ordered bread n water for dinner

Griff

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Funniest moment? (Which I got a telling off for) - at around 0030 one morning Mrs G was stargazing from the well deck

Griff

You need to work on your moves if she's still out at that time :default_biggrin:

Was proper hot though eh!

Passed you once, exchanged waves.

• Like 1

Can't find the fuel price thread - Anyroadup,  Sutton Boatyard as of 22/July 18 - £1:15 per Litre using the 60/40 split.

The pumpout thing - Forgot to ask as we had a 'Freebie' on our card.  They are very thorough by flushing out twice before adding the blue

Griff

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 11:15, Meg said:

I am just about getting to know your sense of humour, 

Don't worry about it Meg, Jayfire is only let out on certain days of the week, has limited internet access and has certain injections that you wouldn't even give to your dog!:default_biggrin:

On 22/07/2018 at 11:11, Jayfire said:
On 22/07/2018 at 11:07, Meg said:

There are some of us hirers who take it gently, especially near anything as lovely as Broad Ambition.

If you are referring to my comment Meg, I assure you my tongue was firmly in my cheek :default_biggrin:

Tongue in cheek or not it is extremely insulting to the many hire boaters who enjoy the broads at a leisurely pace

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

Tongue in cheek or not it is extremely insulting to the many hire boaters who enjoy the broads at a leisurely pace

Unless someone has had a humour bypass or go out of their way to be insulted I wouldn't have thought so seeing as it was blatantly obvious it wasn't serious.

Yours sincerely

A hire boater

Crikey Jay darling, hook, line and sinker or what :default_biggrin:  :default_icon_kiss: Paul he was just kidding

KaptinKev if you're comparing my Jay to a dog, what a dog, pure pedigree :default_icon_luvlove:

Lighten up people, it's summer, drink wine, go boating and be merry:default_winko:

Grace

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Crikey Jay darling, hook, line and sinker or what :default_biggrin:  :default_icon_kiss: Paul he was just kidding

Have you got a spare keep net? Is that what you weird fishing folk call them?

44 minutes ago, Gracie said:

KaptinKev if you're comparing my Jay to a dog, what a dog, pure pedigree :default_icon_luvlove:

If you fancy stroking me I'll lick you all over and curl up in your lap any time babe (best leave it there in public...:default_smiley-angelic002:)

36 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

I do hope you aren't condoning helming under the influence

:default_ohmy: You are allowed to do it without being under the influence. 

You learn something new every day :default_smiley-angelic002:

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 11:41, Regulo said:

Yes, he's my hero. I am his understudy, and stand in when he's unavailable. Got a long way to go to reach his level, I'm afraid. :default_wink:

Speaking of which, he's gone very quiet of late! I do hope he is ok.