new hoseasons logo

boatmadmike

Really? like REALLY! :eek:

I've found the agency who was tasked with the re-brand - http://fouragency.co.uk/portfolio/hoseasons-re-brand/ have a look they say:

"Hoseasons, the self-catering holiday expert, has unveiled a new brand identity and we’re the creative team behind it. We’re delighted that we’ve been able to create a new identity for Hoseasons that pays gentle tribute to the company’s heritage whilst also looks forward in an elegant, brave and exciting way."

I can only presume this monstrosity they have come up with for use on the boats was some cobbled together creation 'in house', since it has nothing of the new 'green petal' re-branded design about it.

Indeed, it is what you'd expect to find on the letterhead of some IT solutions provider  called 'Grey Circle Solutions' everything is bland even the tech.

The classic Bluebird was unmistakable, and then the more 'curvaceous' bird in flight, also happened to be blue might not have been to everybody's taste but it was an evolution on you could say from the original - not too bad but this  new one is terrible to my eye.

The Leaf  logo is reminiscent to the blue wings logo, but would be anything but eyecatching on a hull.

If this is the Hoseason's logo for hulls, it is awful. Worse though is that the company would seem to have two logos now which, in branding terms, is remarkably stupid; though it's fine by me :-)

The idea behind the new leaf logo was to take the company up-market, allining itself with Sainsburys rather than Asda and Tesco with the aim of trying to allign itself with Waitrose. I suspect nobody gave a second thought to what the new leaf logo would look like on the bows of a boat else, Hoseason's wasn't worried about Bow Insignias anymore. This would be a remarkable turn around as is was precisely this argument about forcing boatyards to use it that caused one yard to break away from Hoseasons in recent years.

I really despair of companies these days. There was a time when a youngster would come out of university  and get a job at the bottom of the ladder. Yes the youngster would be fast tracked to a better position, but only after he/she had learned about the business they'd entered.

Nowadays, they go straight into a company and demand they be listened to, with little or no practical knowledge of the subject.

Result (given the numbers of students studying Media or Marketing) the first thing they want to do is "Re-Brand". It's the only thing they know about!

The problem is that companies listen and are led by the nose.

ARGHHHHHhhhhhh