Rascal was down, but now back up

I've not been about here over the past few days adding my thoughts to things and generally making you all have to lean forward to the computer screen and sigh 'how much did he write' in reply to a thread.

I was first very unwell and then ended up in Hospital from Thursday evening to Monday afternoon.  Doctors were not able to pinpoint what was wrong with me or what caused it but began last Saturday with a fever and flu like symptoms which recovered enough by Tuesday for me to go to work only to come back Tuesday evening worse than ever with added sickness and diarrhoea - by Thursday I was on to 111 and they were telling me get to Hospital.

Had a lot of blood tests taken and other samples I won't talk too much about in case you're eating, but could not really find a cause just effect - massively raised temperature, high heart rate blood pressure that was like a sea saw and me just about able to stand up.  Put on antibiotics for anything nasty in my gut to be killed off but otherwise patience and my body having to do its thing is the order of the day. Then I got a cough, this cough got worse and though now slowly on the mend I have lost my voice as a result of it.

So I am home now - signed off not able to do anything to physical, but tapping keys whilst sitting down is nice and easy to do. Still feel weak but getting better each day and more myself.

Careful now Robin. Sounds like you had a bout of man-flu and we all know that is bad. I had it just before Christmas and I remember thinking at the time how grateful I was that the wife would not have to suffer the intensity of flu us men get. Phew!

Regards

David

Thanks for the kind comments.  I am getting better every day - I did miss out on coming up for a few days last week and over the weekend to help out with Broad Ambition's maintenance work which was annoying but my Easter trip is safe!

Funny thing happened when I had a couple of 4th year medical students want to ask me some questions as to how I had ended up in hospital.  I don't feel old (I am not at 35 one little bit) but boy when you've got a what looked like to school kids nervously asking things and taking turns to listen to your chest etc it made me feel proper old.

To get  things back on a youthful footing I mentioned the fact I was a 'YouTuber'  - their eyes lit up and one asked 'so you are one of those Bloggers' I said, "Yes, only I Blog about boats not makeup" and so a couple of soon to be medical professionals might well end up exploring something very different in the form of the Broads.

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind comments.  I am getting better every day - I did miss out on coming up for a few days last week and over the weekend to help out with Broad Ambition's maintenance work which was annoying but my Easter trip is safe!

Funny thing happened when I had a couple of 4th year medical students want to ask me some questions as to how I had ended up in hospital.  I don't feel old (I am not at 35 one little bit) but boy when you've got a what looked like to school kids nervously asking things and taking turns to listen to your chest etc it made me feel proper old.

To get  things back on a youthful footing I mentioned the fact I was a 'YouTuber'  - their eyes lit up and one asked 'so you are one of those Bloggers' I said, "Yes, only I Blog about boats not makeup" and so a couple of soon to be medical professionals might well end up exploring something very different in the form of the Broads.

Hi Robin,

Does this mean that Richardson's will have to have a new themed

boat? for Doctors & Nurses :naughty:

Glad to hear you are feeling much better.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1