We Just Called To Say!

Hi Everyone,

Just calling to let you all know, that Wendy & I got married on 15th August and we are now officially Husband & Wife. We spent a few days in York and next week we are off again for a week in Tenby. We are hoping to have another Broads holiday, sometime next year and will probably be trying the South this time, but nothing has been decided on yet. We still keep looking in now and again, although it's a while since I posted anything. Anyway, hope you are all keeping well and enjoying your visits to the Broads. 

Regards

• Like 12

Wendy & I would like to thank you all for all the kind words that you have posted. Here are a few photos taken on our Wedding Day.

fb_wedding2.thumb.jpg.18a03f3e1fef6ec922

Signing the Register, Lichfield Registry Office. (Sorry about the quality of this photo) Blame the Best Man, he took it.

fb_wedding4.thumb.jpg.2f706ecbcbd7f0bbf9

The Happy Couple in the Registry Office Gardens Lichfield Staffs

fb_wedding3.thumb.jpg.a80ccf5ea2972f1f93

Mr & Mrs with Wendy's daughter Julie, who was Matron of Honour.

wedding_and_York_002.thumb.JPG.dd396d9e9

Our Beautiful Cake, sadly now all eaten.

fb_wedding5.thumb.jpg.adfe7465bc6ac40030

The main guests, from left to right. My son's wife Karen, My son Stuart, Myself & wife Wendy, Wendy's daughter Julie and her husband Lewis, my Best Man.

wedding_party.thumb.jpg.9dceaab93eea82b3

We had our reception at a hotel near Lichfield, then back to our home where we had a garden party. Luckily, it was a lovely sunny day.

Edited by GeoffandWendy
  • Like 9

Again, thank you all for your likes and comments to our wedding photos. Doesn't time fly, it only seemed like yesterday, but it is now two weeks ago, and two years since we met each other.

Well, like I said, we are off to Tenby for a week on Tuesday and we are staying in a nice little B&B close to Wisemans Bridge, a few miles from Saundersfoot. I have been to Tenby a few times in the past, with my late wife, but it is Wendy's first time. St Davids is definitely on the visit list Ian and yes Polly, we will also be visiting Manorbier with its lovely castle. Not sure if we will get over to Caldy Island as we hate boats :lol: Only joking!

If you would like us to post up a holiday tale with some photos when we return, let us know. Not the Broads, I know, but I'm sure some photos of South Wales will be welcomed.

• Like 3

Wiseman's Bridge, brings back memories, we stayed there some 55/56 years ago and Manorbier I remember as having the clearest sea and bl**dy cold too.  As we were sitting on the beach there were some young German soldiers playing away to our right; dad was giving them a hard look and my mother put her hand on his arm and said "it wasn't them."  For some reason that has always stuck in my mind.

Tenby and the surrounding area obviously brings back happy memories for a lot of us, judging by previous posts and I'm sure we'd be delighted to read your holiday tales.

Nice pictures, a sunny day in every sense.

Iain, totally off thread but then it wouldn't be the NBN if it wasn't; well done Lancashire.

:)

• Like 3

Almost packed for our holiday, but it looks like we have got a stowaway. I think our cat decided that this was a comfy place to have a nap, or decided she was coming with us.:naughty: She was asleep inside one of our suitcases. Tried to add photo, but couldn't for some reason

:cat:  Sorry puss, your next door neighbour is looking after you and there are lots of tasty nibbles to choose from, whilst we are away. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...