Christmas treat

RayandCarole

41 minutes ago, Tangara said:

Washed down with finest Champagne or Blue Label Vodka! Ray?

Enjoy!

xmas6Iain

• Like 1

Blimey Ray, a hundred quid on a little pot of black goey fish eggs, yuk , I think I'd rather have a KFC........then I suppose it comes down to how one was raised and how one likes to spend one's money lol. Seriously, i have never tasted it, I just can't stand the thought of putting it in my mouth, I like the Champers idea though cheers

Just make sure you save some for Carole, hope she is feeling better :kiss

Grace

• Like 4

Got a bit of a taste for it while working in Russia and Kazakhstan Grace, where its a lot cheaper, anyway it is only a Christmas treat, make sure we hide it from the kids tho :naughty:

Carole just completed her long course of nasty antibiotics so the nausea is slowly improving and she is up and about a bit again so fingers crossed for a good Christmas and thanks for asking

:party1:

xmas6

Ray & Carole

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hockham Admiral said:

Boiled cod's roe... thickly sliced and fried in the bacon fat my Granny had just cooked..... I remember eating that in Arbroath  in '46!   :taunt:

That John, is exactly the way my Mum cooked it also, as my father was a Hamcurer./Butcher

xmas6Iain

32 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Herring Roe on Toast -   sounds horrendous but funnily enough I used to enjoy it when Mum made it.

Love it! - but only the soft roes - 'herring milts'  You can still get these at the fishmonger in Northgate Street in Great Yarmouth. Their kippers are something special, along with a range of fresh fish, much of it 'longshore' caught.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tangara said:

Strangely I cant stand cod or herring roe, but there again I cant stand hot chocolate, tomato soup or tripe :dance

cheers

Ray

I'll go along with Tripe !   In France I once mistakenly ordered 'Andouillette', never having tried them before.

I shall never order them again, either......

• Like 1