Richardsons Bargains 2017 End Of Season Boats

In our family the "Bathtubs" are known as "Busboats", never actually been out on the river in one but nosed around a couple in NYA a few years back and to be honest I would quite like to try one just to see what its like. I quite fancy trying a tall flybridge job as well though..

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, C.Ricko said:

Not much left for sale but all bargains.. 

https://www.richardsonsboatsales.net

Apart from holidaying on the broads many many times in my 50 years , I know very little about boats . In the same sense as I know very little about cars despite spending my last 30 years attached to one kind of vehicle or another . 

What I mean is , I don't have the expertise to fix or maintain them . I have no idea what's involved , and though I have a manual/ building site ( electrician ) background , so I can use tools and have certain skills in that department. I can only imagine owning a boat ( especially one which could find its own way around the rivers!!!) is very time and money heavy.

However, if I were to ever follow my dream and own a boat on the broads , I can see the sense in  buying one from  a yard such as yours , you are buying a craft which has been look after all it's days . There certainly seems like value for money in the boats you advertise for sale . 

Maybe one day , my numbers will come up, and I will fulfil my dream . In the meantime , good luck on the sales , and I hope whoever buys them has many a happy year cruising around , and realises how lucky they are. 

• Like 3

On 03/09/2017 at 00:32, riyadhcrew said:

Richard,

Please be careful of the chair. My mother fell asleep in her's with her hand on the button and it tipped her straight into the fireplace.

image.thumb.png.b00ad4e359c081844e87fac651ff8236.png

I have got to ask, how is your Mum please.   That is a nasty gash, bless her.

8 hours ago, LondonRascal said:

The little Sheerline could be a new Tender for Independence lol

Similar value to your RIB but I'm not sure the crane could handle it. :7_sweat_smile:

It is a bargain for sure, the 740 is a great little boat

On 29/11/2017 at 00:01, Ricardo said:

This was my introduction to the broads mid 80s outside the kings head wroxham and yes its a Richardson's boat , from memory about 40' and the index number looks to be E 11 , so there's a challenge for someone identifying her she might still be around who knows :default_biggrin:.

IMG_20171128_235101.jpg

Copyright of Francis Frith Collection Acle Bridge number two (As apposed to the old three arch one)

acle 2.PNG

1 hour ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Copyright of Francis Frith Collection Acle Bridge number two (As apposed to the old three arch one)

acle 2.PNG

I thought that had been established that it was acle bridge not wroxham just as it was established that it was a 40' powles not a 35' one as another member presumed .

I still maintain that its not taken from the bridge inn as I'm sure in the background there is one of bridge crafts sheds .

14 minutes ago, grendel said:

is it possible that the image has been reversed?

Mine can't be its a photo of a photo hence this rubbish quality :default_beerchug: , still I would love to know if know if she's still around , that boat and that holiday and previous ones are largely responsible for me being here now :default_biggrin:

22 minutes ago, grendel said:

is it possible that the image has been reversed?

In the days before digital......more than once when taking the cheaper option of Kodak some lab has reversed my pictures.

2 hours ago, TeamElla said:

How's this?

5a9fda86c1836_acle2.PNG.64cd6bf0e60df42902b83753eb3c2a86.PNG

Now if that is one of the Waveney Princess class (later the Aston Cairn class) one of the four definately still exists as I have mentioned elsewhere at times...

SAM_0247.thumb.JPG.2da7ab2338d322577e6308d1ae218cf1.JPG

And if its the shorter Waveney/Broadland Lion class we have one of those as well... lol. Sorry about the second picture, its all I have with me!

307575178_7d82017774_m.jpg.d8987ef091d9d40593b8c9abb50e4c9a.jpg

3 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

Sorry about the second picture, its all I have with me!

307575178_7d82017774_m.jpg.d8987ef091d9d40593b8c9abb50e4c9a.jpg

That has got the look of an aft cockpit Ormelite to me. My youngest lad had one on the river Nene. We replaced the 2cyl Stuart Turner with a nice little D722 Kubota.