England

Gracie

They are a tiny country, they have no professional league and their Coach is a part time Dentist, let's not take away from them. I will be rooting for them against France, at least the shame will not be so bad if we were beaten by a team that made it to the quarter finals

Come on Iceland :trophyAnd Wales, of course

Grace

• Like 4

Judging by the way my hubby, Dad and Brothers were ranting last night, they could Coach the England squad so much better than anyone on the entire planet :naughty: But to be fair to them, I have probably done better kicking a ball about in the park with my boys and wearing heels 

In an earlier post I said I didn't care if they were overpaid prima donna's and I know it's not all about the money but to earn thousands and thousands of pounds every week you expect so much more from a team that just looked like they were strangers that had just met on a train, I have seen better passing from my brothers in their Sunday League teams, sorry rant over, I am just so disappointed

Grace

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hockham Admiral said:

I well remember the Cod Wars with Iceland (which we also lost). The gunboat Thor attacked our trawlers and our noble leaders caved in.

You beat me to it Admiral! I was there, for one patrol, and there is no doubt they out-classed us then too.

• Like 1

Any team in the world can loose a game, no team has a 100% win rate.

I do not mind England loosing to anyone, if at full time every player could look me in the eye and say they played to there best ability and I could see that on the pitch they were playing for the badge on their shirt and not the money in their bank.

That is all I ask,

Pride and Passion, not Payday....

:Stinky

• Like 3

I totally agree with you Geoff, after the game my family and me were chatting (ranting) about the game and my Dad said "They seem more interested in holidays in Dubai and falling out of nightclubs with drastic plastic wannabe WAGs on their arms and then for some silly girl to tell the whole world in a Sunday rag about how so and so was performing in bed rather than on the pitch" (I don't read that sort of thing, of course :naughty:)

Whatever the reasons, we just can't cut it as world class footballers, it's such a shame for the thousands of supporters that spent their hard earned cash, most of them not earning thousands of pounds a week to go to France and witness such a terrible performance

Never mind, we will get over it and there's always the World Cup :naughty:

Grace

Grace

• Like 2

Perhaps you should follow our metality up here, we know we wont win, but we do know how to party! :party1:

I blame the English media, they live in a bubble of we are best, we will win the cup. Sorry, but the reason the Premiership is so strong, is, its full of highly skilled foreign players.

Personally, I would bring back the home internationals with perhaps inviting Eire.

However, the main reason England lost,,was, Iceland's secret weapon coach !:naughty:

Puffin.JPG

cheersIain

• Like 2

In Industry, we had performance related pay, if the company did well, every one had a cut. Wastage was reduced, better lower cost manufacturing, increased sales, increased production, people had an aim, everyone benefited. etc.

So... give them a much lower basic wage, then if they win they get a bonus, if they earn some silverware, a bigger bonus.

Now, if they get a red card and are unable to play in the next game, then fine them.

So is it Aston Villa that need a new manager lol? Mind you Villa players will be taking a cut next season, now they have dropped from the premier league, bet they wish they had worked harder now.

UK teams are at a disadvantage, as most European teams can understand English, and foreign teams can probably shout their strategy across the field whilst the England team are oblivious to it all lol. "Hey lads, on this free kick Bottom left corner of the goal, so break the wall to obscure the keeper" hee hee.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Viking23 said:

In Industry, we had performance related pay, if the company did well, every one had a cut. Wastage was reduced, better lower cost manufacturing, increased sales, increased production, people had an aim, everyone benefited. etc.

So... give them a much lower basic wage, then if they win they get a bonus, if they earn some silverware, a bigger bonus.

Now, if they get a red card and are unable to play in the next game, then fine them.

So is it Aston Villa that need a new manager lol? Mind you Villa players will be taking a cut next season, now they have dropped from the premier league, bet they wish they had worked harder now.

UK teams are at a disadvantage, as most European teams can understand English, and foreign teams can probably shout their strategy across the field whilst the England team are oblivious to it all lol. "Hey lads, on this free kick Bottom left corner of the goal, so break the wall to obscure the keeper" hee hee.

I may have it wrong but don't the English players donate their wages for playing for England to charity?

On 28 June 2016 at 10:43 AM, smellyloo said:

I may have it wrong but don't the English players donate their wages for playing for England to charity?

Maybe, but if you want performance, keep them hungry, ie wanting for more. 

Tough line but that's how most salesmen work in the real world.

• Like 1