Broad Ambition - The Model

grendel

more to the shape shown here I think. - much better to have not taken enough off at this point than to have taken too much and have to start again. I think once I have achieved this i will be happy. its not about time really- its about getting it right, if the bow was too sharp I would forever be unhappy

bow mods.JPG

Foc'sle - stripdown.JPG

• Like 4

2 hours ago, grendel said:

I was looking at this last night and comparing it to the photographs I have of Broad Ambition...

BA_441.jpg

And from the angle of this piccy we can see Grendel can also walk on water! A talent some boats can't even master... :D

• Like 1

Grendel - Next month - I have just reminded my graphics supplier up here that I need new graphics for 'B.A' and two full sets for the models and that time is marching on.   He has promised them ready for collection next week.  I will bring them down with me and hand them over to you (Well the model graphics anyroadup)   I will also give you that Makita driver-drill I promised too

Griff

• Like 1

This is bad, got home from work and was working on the model even before having my dinner so much so I didnt hear the timer so  it had longer in the oven than it should (oops), still I am much happier with the shape, plus it is once again as smooth as I had it yesterday.

IMG_4357.JPG

IMG_4356.JPG

• Like 2

so after that burst of enthusiasm earlier, I still fitted in a standard days work on the models, ribs stuck, and new ones bent up, moor roof beams shaped, and a couple more side deck supports added.

The workforce now have a floor to stand on in the cockpit, so are happier now.

IMG_4358.JPG

IMG_4359.JPG

IMG_4360.JPG

IMG_4361.JPG

• Like 4

this morning after all the shopping etc some more work has been done, deck supports added roof beams steamed and ribs steamed and fitted. I got my mini henry out to clear some of the dust caused by sanding the bow. this has enough suck to remove the dust, without removing anything else.

IMG_4362.JPG

IMG_4363.JPG

IMG_4364.JPG

IMG_4365.JPG

• Like 2

well the glue dried, was cleaned up, and the filler applied and sanded. I also found an alternative use for something handed out at work for winter weather - a tyre tread gauge - this is excellent for measuring small dimensions (up to 20mm) in tight spaces.

This was used to measure some tight dimensions in the transom cockpit, so that the sides of the cockpit could be made.

both sides are now made and are gluing into position, once these are dry then the cockpit floor can have the steps added.

IMG_4367.JPG

IMG_4368.JPG

IMG_4369.JPG

IMG_4370.JPG

IMG_4371.JPG

IMG_4372.JPG

IMG_4373.JPG

• Like 5

Aha, now I geddit.  I am obviously following this thread v closely.  You are now at the stage of fitting out the Well-Deck and Well-Deck area but keep referring to it as 'The Cockpit' As a result I have been studying your photo's of the cockpit or Wheelhouse (Same thing on 'B.A') following your written word but of course you have not started on that area as of yet but are concentrating on the Well-deck   :facepalm:  Now am synchronised I can follow progress better :dunce:  Note to self Griffin - Pay Attention'      Love the photo of the workforce in the Well Deck BTW

Griff

• Like 1

well the blinds are disassembled, 966 planks 1" wide, that will make twice that many half the width, less than a penny a plank.

In the meantime some detail work has been progressing, the steps in the cockpit are under construction. the tricky bit here is gluing it up, tight to the surrounding structure, without gluing it to that structure. the trick will be moving it before the glue has set hard enough to make things difficult, but hard enough so it doesnt all fall to bits, careful control of glue placement is also crucial.

IMG_4377.JPG

IMG_4378.JPG

IMG_4379.JPG

IMG_4380.JPG

IMG_4381.JPG

IMG_4382.JPG

• Like 3

ok so I got it out just in time, as it was starting to stick, well its out and I have put the steps on, the cockpit floor can now sit for a while until the glue sets. today has just been pottering around, but I hope this shows the level of detail I will be going to.

IMG_4383.JPG

IMG_4384.JPG

IMG_4385.JPG

• Like 2

Here we have the finished floor section, and in situ, with the steps.

Another rib fitted and a further one steamed, another roof beam steamed, I will need a few of these. two more deck supports inserted along the side deck. and that is todays work done. A fair bit done here and there through the day.

IMG_4391.JPG

IMG_4390.JPG

IMG_4386.JPG

IMG_4389.JPG

IMG_4387.JPG

IMG_4388.JPG

• Like 7