Goodbye Broadscot

Hockham Admiral

I picked on this sad news on faceache, but many on this forum don`t do faceache, so i`l pay tribute here.

Like many on here, i never had the privilage of meeting Iain face to face, though we were on several occaision in close proximity to eachother without even knowing it, as Iain used to fly in and out of Bournemouth airport on numerous occaisions.  I once told him, if he was flying down this way again, to give me a call and i`d gladly pick him up and take them to their destination. Sadly that will never happen now, and i will never get the chance to shake the hand o a real gentleman, and someone who had a canny way of defusing a heated forum debate with a well timed witisism.

If you`re reading this from above Iain,  thanks for being you, you WILL be missed, as will your charming contribution to this forum in many ways. 

As others have mentioned above, if the forum are doing a collection then i`d love to donate.

:broadscot

• Like 8

have just spoken with Ruth at length and so far she has been unable to visit the Forum but will do after the funeral. I did tell her about all your outpourings of love, admiration and affection for Iain; she was so happy, I can tell you.

Iain's funeral is next Tuesday, 10th of January but it is to be a private affair because of the huge numbers of friends and admirers that Iain had. I'd like to suggest that we all raise a toast to him on the day.

To all of you who want to send a card  I will give you Ruth's address via a PM, please PM me.

One of Iain's favourite charities was in the town of Troon where he lived and donations to the Troon Lifeboat would be appreciated. 

:broadscot

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...