My Day

LizG

2 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

True,but sadly some pubs on the river only seem to do a good trade in the summer.The Yare always seemed to be busy.So to is the Whitehorse  Chegrave, The ferry house,Surlingham. Not a pub,but Bridgestores Potter is busy all year.

Can we just say The Harnser and under new management The Falgate are great places to be.

Kindest regards Marge and Parge 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MargeandParge said:

Can we just say The Harnser and under new management The Falgate are great places to be.

Kindest regards Marge and Parge 

Have recently tried the Falgate and agree 100% Good food and warm welcome, including the dog.

We keep meaning to try the Harnser, have heard many recommendations locally so it won't be long before we get there 🙂

I went to a work reunion on Saturday night, from the company way back when I was an apprentice.

There has been an annual meet up over the last few year (baring Covid) with people coming down from near and far. All various ages from us 'youngsters' to old and sadly now passed too.

So this year, we had one person travel from Sweden again, where he now lives, and one all the way from New Zealand !

Hadn't seen him in 35 years or so. Was chatting to him and asked how long he is here for ... 2 months he said. So where have you been / are going I asked ? He said he has hired a camper van (parked outside the pub for the night) and is driving round the UK, and have just been to Norfolk for a few days. Really, I have just been there too, I said (for the meet up) - where did you stay ? the reply - in Ranworth, parked in the Maltsters car park for a few night !

What a small world, that someone I hadn't seen in all that time has just been to the very place I was only 3 weeks before.

• Like 6

My day has been one of driving, over 6 hours, from Canterbury to Scarborough, I must say Yorkshire is a funny place, I had my satnav running( to see where I was) and it froze at the borders of Yorkshire, , so it was out with the analog option, I printed out the Google directions, I think Griff's jokes have had a strange effect on this too, because it took me near the end of the M62, then fiddled me back down some quite small country roads then what seemed the scenic route across Yorkshire ( it felt like it was taking me on a tour of all Griff's haunts, pubs, shooting grounds, villages, up hill and down dale.), Then finally around all the back roads of Scarborough, by the end it was picking new roads faster than I could find them, a quick stop to look at the map, and I was there, at the hotel, 6 1/2 hours ( with stops) from home. I have a room with a great view of the open air theatre ( well the audience anyway) dinner in 45 minutes, then a good night's sleep ( I have another 6 hour drive at the end of the day) oh and boy am I glad I packed the 20 litres of diesel from Kent, I paid £1.84 per litre, up here is £ 1.96 per litre for diesel.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grendel said:

took me near the end of the M62, then fiddled me back down some quite small country roads then what seemed the scenic route across Yorkshire

Google seems to like taking people the way I think you went up there. If you came off at the end of the M62 where it turns into the A63, I expect you came up past Market Weighton, past my house and allotments before getting onto the Driffield Road. That route is actually no longer than coming off at Howden and much prettier. 

came past it again on the way home, 6 hours with just one stop, arrived home about 20 minutes ago, great run down the A1  except for one little incident, a car had stopped on the white line between the 2 lanes, wanting to turn right onto the central reservation, the truck in front of me and the one overtaking us both blared horns and went one each side of this car, it was almost as if he thought he was turning right on an ordinary road, i reckon his seat covers needed cleaning after that.

its beena busy day, training and a tour of the schneider factory until nearly 3pm, then drive home. a parcel I had ordered that wasnt supposed to arrive until tomorrow, was found leaning against the front door, it apparently arrived yesterday.

i thought i might have video, but i only have 3 hours of capture due to the permenant stored videos (after heavy braking etc) have gobbled up some disk space, and only given me 3 hours of storage, so I only have the last 3 hours of my trip home (from around peterborough) and the incident was further north on the A1 before i got to Grantham.

4 hours ago, grendel said:

i thought i might have video, but i only have 3 hours of capture due to the permenant stored videos (after heavy braking etc) have gobbled up some disk space, and only given me 3 hours of storage, so I only have the last 3 hours of my trip home (from around peterborough) and the incident was further north on the A1 before i got to Grantham.

If it's an SD card you use, take it out and reformat on your computer, it will get rid of the unwanted files stored. Put it back in to reformat for the camera

1 hour ago, FairTmiddlin said:

If it's an SD card you use, take it out and reformat on your computer, it will get rid of the unwanted files stored. Put it back in to reformat for the camera

already done, its annoying as i reckon 15 minutes more footage and i would have captured the incident, but as it was it was overwritten by later files.

yes, well if i had thought about it, but it didnt occur to me until this morning to check the footage, and if was files that the camera had saved itself (eg when going over a bump) that were filling the available space excessively leaving less than a 3 hour record.

I sometimes monitor Ebay for cheap solid wood furniture locally, the other week I spotted a sad looking mango wood coffee table for £5 and grabbed it. Also a victorian walnut cabinet  for £20. Both items were carefully stripped down and the timber sorted.

This weeks project was to turn the coffee table into a robust and rustic bird table.

IMG-20220616-WA0004.jpgIMG_20220617_123504.jpg

• Like 6

I have just discovered that our upstairs heating is on and pouring out it's contribution to today's mini heatwave 🙁

It is, of course, switched off and the thermostat is set as low as it will go. All the radiators are now also off by their individual stats, except the one that doesn't have one. In the winter we had the reverse problem.

Our heating and servicing people are good but can't come until Wednesday, thank goodness it will be cooler tomorrow.

To add insult to injury, we have to cancel next week's planned few days on the boat!

• Sad 3