My Day

LizG

Friday Morning was spent working on Blue Moon.

Seat moved back, most of the controls moved back a few other minor tasks completed.

Sunday, Black Horse Broad being open for the week, the club had it's first series of races up there for the year.

They've changed the programme, So the first race starts about 10:30, (6 main starts) at 3 minute intervals. The next series of races starts before the last boats are in from the last starts of the previous race series.   So all 3 race series are over by about 14:00.

Then home to the club for lunch.

I'm pleased with the way Blue Moon performs upwind, the first two races we arrived at the first buoy alongside the leader, the third race we were the leader..

However, downwind we are getting hammered, they just sail away from us..  Ideas are being researched to improve Blue moons downwind speed..

A couple of minor breakages will need to be fixed before the next race, and  two small changes to the rig to improve downwind performance are planned. Parts have been ordered hopefully they'll arrive in time.

While putting Blue Moon to away, Southern comfort came back... She was not happy... Two canoes and a dayboat on her mooring.. Tied up by the no mooring sign..

• Sad 1

Today, for the first and I hope the last, time I submitted a report of another craft to the BA.

I am not a complainer and generally shrug things off with a live and let live attitude.

The craft in question overtook me at speed on my starboard side between us and the bank and then cut across my bow giving my starboard bow quarter a glancing blow with his port stern quarter.

I keep thinking was this in any way my fault but I was simply cruising at about 4mph and there was a wide empty river all around us!

Have just moored and happily we have sustained no damage. I obviously won't name the boat here but it was not a hire craft.

• Sad 10

Ian it looks to me as if you were in the exact same spot outside Hotel Wroxham as I was on Good Friday. I was out around the village today as well, a trip to the library, a look round a couple of shops, and then back home with a takeaway. It's a beautiful day, been a bit breezy but quite warm when you're walking or working in the garden.

• Like 1

Ian and I have lived in Martham for almost 6 months and what a right move it was:default_eusa_dance:. Yes it's been hard work for both of us, but such a great quite place. The move to Norfolk has been a dream come true and at time's I feel I need to pinch myself, that it is not a dream.

Plus we should be getting our new boat soon and this is because of Ian and my health , but I will not say anymore.

This Friday I will be out of action for around 5 weeks, as I am having my right hand carpal tunnel operation. So we have asked our son (Alan) to help with the new boat.

Here's to our retirement :default_beerchug: and living in lovely Norfolk. 

Plus, we should soon be out on North River and Ian will tell you the name and make of our new boat :55c8f94983015_default_happyparty:.

It's been many years since I last posted and I guess it will be many years again :default_icon_kiss:.

Stay safe.

Regards

Marina

• Like 13
  • Love 1

On 23/04/2022 at 15:57, Ray said:

Today, for the first and I hope the last, time I submitted a report of another craft to the BA

I'm glad you have managed to escape damage after your incident Ray, this sort of incident is not welcome. An accidental collision we can all accept but total disgard to others is another thing.

Anyway, I wish you all the best in your future journeys, hopefully without further incident :default_smile:

1 hour ago, Ray said:

The Holy Grail... 1st time in 3 years!

The ham hock and asparagus tart was delicious 👍

PXL_20220425_115318180.MP.jpg

That looks like a grand day to be out Ray :default_smile:

2 hours ago, Ray said:

Is the lack of picking labour coming home I ask?

I am accustomed to two good bunches for £5. I have even had three in a mid season glut. This morning I was shopping in the farm shop and Norfolk Asparagus was £3.85 for a small hardly enough for one bunch.

I can see my Asparagus eating not being so plentiful this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray said:

Is the lack of picking labour coming home I ask?

I am accustomed to two good bunches for £5. I have even had three in a mid season glut. This morning I was shopping in the farm shop and Norfolk Asparagus was £3.85 for a small hardly enough for one bunch.

I can see my Asparagus eating not being so plentiful this season.

1 hour ago, ChrisB said:

Is the lack of picking labour coming home I ask? . . . . .

I think it must be.  We went shopping on Friday afternoon and neither Aldi nor Tesco in Dereham had any lettuce or bagged salad!

They did, however, have runner beans from Morocco, so clearly they’ve sufficient labour available to pick the ruddy crops over there!!

• Like 2

On 24/04/2022 at 11:55, SweetKingfisher1 said:

Ian and I have lived in Martham for almost 6 months and what a right move it was:default_eusa_dance:. Yes it's been hard work for both of us, but such a great quite place. The move to Norfolk has been a dream come true and at time's I feel I need to pinch myself, that it is not a dream.

Plus we should be getting our new boat soon and this is because of Ian and my health , but I will not say anymore.

This Friday I will be out of action for around 5 weeks, as I am having my right hand carpal tunnel operation. So we have asked our son (Alan) to help with the new boat.

Here's to our retirement :default_beerchug: and living in lovely Norfolk. 

Plus, we should soon be out on North River and Ian will tell you the name and make of our new boat :55c8f94983015_default_happyparty:.

It's been many years since I last posted and I guess it will be many years again :default_icon_kiss:.

Stay safe.

Regards

Marina

Do hope your surgery goes well Marina. Goodness knows I've hjad my share of that during the last few months. You must be really looking forward to getting your new boat and I hope you have many  hours of enjoyment from it. I'm very interested to know what boat you now have now bought and what you have called it.

Carole

On Friday we went Sheerline's yard arriving about 1.00pm. We had intended to be there much earlier but it took us a lot longer to load the car than we anticipated. We then unloaded everything we had brought with us stowing it away. We found a home for it all luckily.    We then discovered a valve had a fault and would need replacing which entails Hi-Jinks being lifted out again but we decided to stick to our plan to spend the weekend on board and arranged to take her back today. We had a lovely couple of days getting to know  her. The sleeping and showering arangements  are a bit of a challenge after what we'd got used to on Hot Gossip but no problem , we can adapt and we will soon get used to it I'm sure. We are moored at NBS and have already got to know some of our new  neighbours who are very user friendly fortunately. This morning we cruised her back to Sheerline and asked  them to fit  a new Loo  as well  as the valve while they had her there. We'll pick her up on Friday if all goes to plan. It's great to be back boating again , I've missed it so much. Having this to look forward to helped me get through what has been a very difficult and stressful few months.  And  Hi-Jinks didn't disappoint. Happy days!

Carole

• Like 6
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, addicted said:

Do hope your surgery goes well Marina. Goodness knows I've hjad my share of that during the last few months. You must be really looking forward to getting your new boat and I hope you have many  hours of enjoyment from it. I'm very interested to know what boat you now have now bought and what you have called it.

Carole

Not long until  we let people  know the name of the boat.Should all be completed by the end of the week. 

• Like 2

Hmmm!  Having left full time employment in August 2020, I’m still trying to work out how I had time to have a job!  There was me thinking that I might get the opportunity to have a little r & r, but the wife has other ideas!

Yesterday, I was tasked to wash her car:CE718F08-1AD5-4168-BF6A-7E9E9612230B.thumb.jpeg.a18ee25587a9f233444b705fe65fcf51.jpeg

When done, priming a couple of door frames was on the jobs list, which to be fair, have been waiting for my attention for almost a month.

Today, so far, I’ve washed my car:2C7F747B-7C8F-4B3F-B765-DE473733D270.thumb.jpeg.524187b4930618aceeb42c38560257f4.jpeg

Not looking bad for almost 6 years old and 83000 miles!!  Time for a coffee before I’ve been given permission to continue painting the door frames I started yesterday.

I used to laugh at my parents when they retired and said they were too busy . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

• Like 6