My Day

LizG

18 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Well today we got our new boat.Not just yet,but we got this instead. Should get the boat in a few weeks time.We called into Oulton today.Lots of boats on the broad today.Also lots at Great Yarmouth YS.

20220413_203133.jpg

20220413_125105.jpg

20220413_124837.jpg

We still have to wait for pictures of your boat???? Some of us are nosey you know! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, addicted said:

Well it's all fine,my last 'op finally did the trick and they've discharged me just radio therapy to do which I've done before so no big deal andΒ  I feel as if I gotΒ  my life back. Thanks to eveyone for the supportive messages.

Β 

Carole

Excellent news Carole.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NeilB said:

Somehow I’ve just managed to moor at Horning Staithe. Β Still pondering whether to stay here or go and hide somewhere quieter!

Prepare for the dayboat onslaught if you stay there!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilB said:

Somehow I’ve just managed to moor at Horning Staithe. Β Still pondering whether to stay here or go and hide somewhere quieter!

well since you have nabbed a spot, you will just have to stay 24 hours to make the most of it

Β 

2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

I'm moored at the dyke leading to South Walsham broad. 20 minutes ago, while I was cleaning my boat, I'm sure I saw a bittern. I thought to myself "Wow, you don't see that every day".

Oddly enough I think exactly the same thought crossed the bittern's mind.

Come on MM we need photographic evidence.

Β 

Not of the Bittern. You boat cleaning that's a once in a century opportunity.:default_biggrin:

29 minutes ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Come on MM we need photographic evidence.

Β 

Not of the Bittern. You boat cleaning that's a once in a century opportunity.:default_biggrin:

Got to stop that! Β There’s fine weather forecast. Β Don’t want MM putting the mockers on it by cleaning his ruddy boat!! πŸ˜‰

• Haha 2

Slightly envious of those currently enjoying the wonderful Easter weather on the Broads. Still, our Easter Sunday has been pretty good so far, and we are looking forward to being on the Broads against in only three weeks time.Β 

IΒ play the organ most Sundays at Willen Church. Originally a small church in a tiny village, now swallowed up by Milton Keynes, and close to the Willen Lakes (for those familiar with MK). Graham and Harry came to church too this morning…which is fairly unusual as Harry normally works from late morning on Sundays, with his Dad as a Dad taxi.Β 

It was wonderful to see our tiny church pretty full this morning, with lots of new faces. The service was lovely and welcoming too, with the Rev Dr Sam (the lovely Dr that looked after my Mam so well during her last few weeks) taking our service, as we are without an assigned minister at present. As he’s originally from Sri Lanka, he has a knack of reminding us how lucky we are in this country to be free to worship (whatever religion, denomination, or none, as we choose).

Isn’t it a glorious day! We’ve just finished our lunch. I went a bit β€˜off-piste’ with the roast lamb this year. As the weather is so lovely I thought I’d experiment with roasting it on the barbecue, as we have one with a domed lid. Turned out slightly less pink in the middle than I normally like, as I was cautious aboutΒ making sure it was cooked, but it was nice and moist. Served with a generous amount of mint sauce (mint picked freshly off the allotment), barbecued courgette, steamed carrots and Swiss chard (chard also off the allotment). Graham had to make do with a β€˜packet’ nut roast from Holland &B, as I felt lazy.

Now settling down to an even more lazy afternoon.

I also picked some rhubarb, so supper this evening will definitely include a pudding….maybe a crumble?

Isn't life good.

:default_biggrin:
Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 7

I should probably start my own boaty thread but today was a cruise from Thurne Mill to a nice wild mooring just below Irstead. Β Spent a few hours scrubbing those pesky black marks from the non slip tread which seems to cover this boat.

Just chilling with a beer before lighting the BBQ. Β Couple of pics of the mooring and beer guarding the cleaned non slip!

Back to home mooring in Stalham tomorrow morning, clean through and hopefully away by noon as a few chores to do elsewhere.

FE74B6E1-7AAC-4762-9FBF-F8DAA1D5B275.jpeg

C2447148-1706-479F-8BED-2D846A656CB0.jpeg

ADF5CE49-63BC-42BE-8471-C7FDB0A1CD14.jpeg

• Like 4

Took the dog out for her afternoon walk and came back with a wheelbarrow (as well as the dog not instead), perfectly good builders barrow half sumbmerged in the brook seemed a shame to just leave, pulled out and it all looks good, tyre even well inflated.

What a waste and far better than the thing we have in the garden so it's officially re-homed.

• Like 4

I did manage one good deed for the weekend, we could hear chirping somewhere around the corner of the garage and managed to pin it down to behind the water butt, under the butt is a drain with a plinth built around it so the garage roof runs into the butt and overflow goes straight down into the drain, anyway after draining the water into the pond and moving the water butt there was a blackbird fledgling stuck down the drain almost around the corner, so with gloves managed to scoop my hand round behind it and get it out to a hail of squawking from the parents as they buzzed me, once set down amongst the ivy by the fence the parents found it and have ben feeding it all weekend, saw it fly a couple of short hops earlier so will probably be ok.

They had two on the ground in the same area at one point, luckily they have plenty of cover in the garden and a dog that deters the cats.

• Like 5