My Day

LizG

Well, here I am working on a clients boat. I’ve been engaged to tile the deck & bulkheads in the shower / toilet compartment. I’ve got the tiles / materials in t GriffTile van

It’s now day five. I’m still wood butchering, not even looked at a tile yet. I MUST go home Thursday evening latest. This ain’t gonna end on time with the tiling started let alone  completed. Doubt I’ll get a tile stuck on at this rate :default_sad:

Just to really ‘Hiss’ me off the Tv onboard ‘B.A’ has packed up this morning too :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

Griff

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

You know when t’other half gets a ‘Strop on’ you end up with picture but no sound?

Sat onboard with Purdey dog, I’ve got sound but no picture - that has just gotta be a first!

No idea which channel it is on either. Can’t put a dvd on as window to change source won’t display either.

Could be worse - we are warm, dry, fed n watered. A walk is beckoning followed by an early night then, besides I’m somewhat ‘Tired’ didn’t finish until 2000. Still wood butchering with more to go

Griff

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've seen a large size working mini TV inside a shop... The shop was built to 4 mm to the foot scale  that's on an 00 Gauge railway layout. you can get working displays under 1/2 inch across...

They're made for the view finders of video cameras etc...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mouldy said:

Could always go the ‘tupperware’ route, Griff!!  No wood butchering necessary!!  😉

30 minutes ago, gancanny said:

wow!!!!,   dont say that word,   he will have a wobbler. :default_2gunsfiring_v1::default_coat:

The man is an expert in tiles. Tiles were good enough for the outside of the space shuttle....

No more wood butchery. No more planking. Nuff said:default_biggrin:

• Haha 4

Well, What a Change!

We have 3°C this morning with a Wind Chill of -3°C. Wind NNE mean 32mph gusting 43mph.

This time last week I was driving the Picnic Car with the roof down, today it will be my SUV  on CrossClimates!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

must have been after that, as i remember being taken out of infants school early, 1968 ish maybe

1963 we had just moved into Ashford and couldnt get a coal supplier, so ended up cutting down the conifers that made up the hedge down 1 side of the property.

My day on Monday was not the best I could have had. I arrived at Peterborough hospital at  the entirely ungodly hour of 07.15. As I've been told that I've got White Coat Syndrome it wasn't entirely unexpected to find out that my BP was a whopping 203/110. The hospital dealt with it  it more calmly this time. saying that if they could get it down below 200 the 'op would go ahead.  I was supposed to be 1st on the list but my surgeon told me at the last moment that an even more complex'op that mine had presented itself and that I would be No. 2.  I finally went into the theatre at 3.00pm. the 'op went o.k. apparently and they discharged me  to my great relief . On the way home we found that with no previous warnings they had closed the A47 at Guyhirn which with a total lack of diversion notices left us roaming round the fens ( really didn't need all the bumping and being tossed around that the fens roads give) trying to find a route home. We finally arrived home at 10.00pm.  as said  not the best day But if the 'op was successful it will have been in a good cause.

• Like 4

Road closures overnight are far more common now than in the past.  It saves daytime road closures and avoids associated issues arising.  They’re normally well signed, weeks in advance and advertised in the local press for the areas affected, but if you’re not a resident there, they’re easy to miss.  The best thing is to refer to Google Maps, which does show road closures, unless you have a satnav that has live updates.

Having been involved in the transport industry for many years, plus years as a car driver, my knowledge of roads and directions is pretty good, but I still use a satnav with live traffic updates to help avoid hold-ups en-route.

The main thing is, your operation is now done and you can focus your attention on getting better to spend time on Hi Jinks!

• Thanks 1