My Day

LizG

29 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

Yes Barton. It was a youth organisation. They must have taken Huntrs whole fleet! And two "Mother Ships" from HWs

Well, most of the fleet anyway. I counted 10 masts and Hunters have 14 cabin yachts in total (5 two berth Hustler class, 5 three berth Wood class and 4 four berth Lullaby class. Lovely to see that youth organisations are still supporting them and that they are supporting youth organisations. 

• Like 1

Our little Millie was spayed today RSPCA requirement 

she was unwell during surgery which also included a umbilical hernia 

but is home now and seems ok so far I will be staying up with her tonight and she has a follow up at vets tomorrow am 

Snunn1.jpg

Snunn2.jpg

• Like 3

I see she’s wearing the body suit instead of the dreaded cone of shame. It worked well for Desmond recently after his little op and glad we paid the extra for it. Wishing Millie a speedy  recovery 

• Like 2

My daughters dog had an op in October to straighten his front leg and was on crate rest for weeks, still only allowed on short lead now. He also didn’t have the cone thank goodness as he would have kept bashing it on the crate sides. They gave him like a slipcover poncho thing with a flappy collar that covered his legs. I was amazed it worked as I thought he’d have been able to just push it to one side to get at the bandage, but it was brilliant and he really didn’t seem to be bothered by it at all. 

• Like 2

so finally after waiting 3 days My oven is back up and running, monday while cooking tea all the electric suddenly tripped, when it came back on, the oven fan was working, the light was working, but the heat wasnt, tea was heated through in the microwave. 

A new element was sourced and ordered (£30- not bad) and then it was waiting for it to be delivered, it was such a shame I had to fry my steaks for tea for two days, (normally they would have been spaced through the week.) but needs must, nothing oven cooked was possible.

So today comes and I get the notification of delivery - 9.40-12.40 this morning, after lunch i had just about given up, until the knock on the door at 3.30pm, great I can cook tea now.

by 4.00 the new element was fitted, I was covered in black from having to reach into the oven to change the element over (this will be the second replacement its had in 5 years) a quick test, yes it works now, and time to inspect the old element, yes, i can see where it had failed, there isnt supposed to be a bulge and a split.

DSCF0035.JPG

Here in Gourock it’s a cracking sunny morning. We have one more social call to make before we up sticks to Sauchiehall St, Glasgow to Monday morning. Tomorrow we will be treated to a guided tour of the brand new HMS Glasgow. I doubt photos will be permitted 

Griff

• Like 2

What a day yesterday was.

daytime - a reception then tour of the dockyard and onboard the new HMS Glasgow in build

There was around 120 of us at The Crown Plaza hotel last night for a reception dinner with guest speakers and honoured guests. Again hosted by BAE systems. 1st Sea Lord full Admiral, Rear Admiral Hoddinot, skipper of HMS Glasgow during the Falklands. Lots of photos, a great day and evening had by all

Griff

3B7B877E-8E8D-4E34-B98F-37D461904B09.jpeg

9EE1857D-63F5-43B9-9FC3-4903CDBA4B2D.jpeg

84078D98-8394-48B0-BF67-8726663E0AA4.jpeg

9CD2F3E8-93EF-436B-9686-57867F85F773.jpeg

9E3E5F6D-2093-41D8-8956-687C6601A83D.jpeg

608B5E50-E71B-468D-869C-5A7C7439072D.jpeg

• Like 14

On 10/04/2022 at 12:47, BroadAmbition said:

What a day yesterday was.

daytime - a reception then tour of the dockyard and onboard the new HMS Glasgow in build

There was around 120 of us at The Crown Plaza hotel last night for a reception dinner with guest speakers and honoured guests. Again hosted by BAE systems. 1st Sea Lord full Admiral, Rear Admiral Hoddinot, skipper of HMS Glasgow during the Falklands. Lots of photos, a great day and evening had by all

Griff

3B7B877E-8E8D-4E34-B98F-37D461904B09.jpeg

9EE1857D-63F5-43B9-9FC3-4903CDBA4B2D.jpeg

84078D98-8394-48B0-BF67-8726663E0AA4.jpeg

9CD2F3E8-93EF-436B-9686-57867F85F773.jpeg

9E3E5F6D-2093-41D8-8956-687C6601A83D.jpeg

608B5E50-E71B-468D-869C-5A7C7439072D.jpeg

I am so green with envy Griff, good on yer, hope you enjoyed it.

Cheers

• Like 1

You definitely make me envious too.

I may have met the Admiral too.. Back during the 10th anniversary of the Falklands there was a dinner in the Officers mess at RAF Mount Pleasant most of the captains of the Falklands ships were there, as well as anyone else of importance including Maggie and Denis 

I was in the mess but not invited to the dinner..

Oh at Horning Sailing club on Sunday a Christian Youth Group turned up with 7 of Eastwood Whelpton's yachts (pre arranged) . The team leader is a Thames A rater Skipper in the 3RR.

The teenagers seemed to be enjoying themselves..

Today we went to North Walsham.we've only been there a few times. We went to the church. Now we're  not that Religious,but we both like visiting  church. Seen many in Norfolk  and Suffolk. The church  in North  Walsham is lovely, and worth a visit. Then we went to the Garden  centre, more bits and bobs and Marina  got a few fish for the tank.

20220412_132053.jpg

20220412_132040.jpg

• Like 6

We're nearly there! Hi-Jinks is  in the process of having her new canopy fitted as  I write and the boat tester has just phoned to say she has passed with flying colours. It's looking entirely possible we will be able to move her  to her new mooring sometime next week. One more hurdle to get over - I get the results of my recent 'op this afternoon .

Carole

• Like 7

Dropped the mud weight on Barton Broad yesterday evening and spent today working.  I'll be logging off at 4pm and heading for either a wild mooring on the Bure, or if taken I'll just drop the weight again in Ranworth or Salhouse - decisions, decisions...

• Like 1