My Day

LizG

Spent the day on Wednesday aboard the boat, the weather was gorgeous. Got lots of litle jobs done a very relaxing day. Didn't get home till 9.00pm. Can't say the  same for Thursday. Went to  the hosptal for pre-op assessment in  preparation for my  'op on Monday.  All went well until, they took my BP. Shock, horror!  The verdict, -  no imporovement - no 'op! Frantic call to surgery on our return home. New drastic medication, call to hospital this morning with new readings. All o.k. The  new medication is temporary to get me through the 'op as the doc' thinks the cause for the high BP is stress brought on by "white coat Syndrome" which should sort itself out once I'm through this situation.

Carole

• Like 2

i get that Carole, at home i get readings 127/78, go into the doctors and its 140/95, so i fully understand, they kept trying to put me on meds for high blood pressure, and every time i fainted when i stood up quick, so now they accept the readings i have taken at home.

• Like 1

Nice out there int it,

Boat trailer attached to Landrover.

Boat emptied , hovered out washed inside and out.

All loose items from the boat loaded into the Landrover.

Mast tied to roof of Landrover.

Delivery plastic removed from number plate on trailer board.

Warning triangle attached to bow of boat ( which is at the back)

That's Every thing I can think of ..

Read to take her to Horning tomorrow..

• Like 7

2 hours ago, addicted said:

Spent the day on Wednesday aboard the boat, the weather was gorgeous. Got lots of litle jobs done a very relaxing day. Didn't get home till 9.00pm. Can't say the  same for Thursday. Went to  the hosptal for pre-op assessment in  preparation for my  'op on Monday.  All went well until, they took my BP. Shock, horror!  The verdict, -  no imporovement - no 'op! Frantic call to surgery on our return home. New drastic medication, call to hospital this morning with new readings. All o.k. The  new medication is temporary to get me through the 'op as the doc' thinks the cause for the high BP is stress brought on by "white coat Syndrome" which should sort itself out once I'm through this situation.

Carole

Having had high BP for years I would recommend a home testing machine. Then use it to get used to the experience of taking the readings. My tips: Nip to the loo if you need to before taking readings. Sit quietly for a minute or two before pressing the button. Take a few readings until you become more relaxed about it, without getting a sore arm. Do it every morning and evening for a couple of days or so. 

Actually this has reminded me; I've just had my yearly meds review and I should have sent some readings in. :default_eusa_naughty:

• Thanks 1

I have  a home testing machine too, but for the opposite reason, so I can prove that the high readings only happen when in the doctors surgery, it got so bad that twice now they have put me on a 24 hour monitoring machine, which shows my BP scarily low when I am sleeping (sometimes so low the machine errored out because it didnt believe it), about 10 years ago when I was in hospital because they thought I had had a heart attack (it was an infection of the muscle surrounding the heart) they put me on the standard medication, and when they tested using the hospital machines they would alarm every time, i think the lowest I dropped to was below 80/50, then the doctors and nurses would all rush over and ask if I was OK. they then sent a camera up my arteries to see what they were like, and the doctor was actually overjoyed with the results, telling me it was rare that they were able to give good news, and could he se the results to show his students what healthy unclogged arteries should look like.

• Like 3

I had a camera sent through arteries once, results not as good as yours but OK for my age.

The trouble was that when the camera reached a certain point my heart stopped!

Poor Gill was in the waiting room when a crash team charged through to where I was being examined in full gear including the white wellies (funny the things you remember)

Fortunately the team doing the camera work resussed me and I was just kept in 1 night for obs.

Since then I like to think I've been rebooted, it always does the power of good to a windows PC 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, grendel said:

its when they have to press hard on the entry point for 20 minutes to make sure you dont bleed to death, and then you cant move for ages.

I have to take blood thinning medication.  I’d probably need a little more than 20 minutes! 

Me too, Edoxaban. The nuisance is with it and my blood pressure medication is that I can no longer take my bad back/Arthritis Naproxen or any anti-inflams.

I have prescribed strong Codeine, but those make me fuzzy! And being widowed I have to shop etc, which means, living where I do driving somewhere. So I don't take anyhing and have to put up with the pain.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, grendel said:

its when they have to press hard on the entry point for 20 minutes to make sure you dont bleed to death, and then you cant move for ages.

That's the part I try not to remember! I was told it was because they had to thin the blood during the procedure so they have to wait for it to thicken up again, by which time the anesthetic has worn off. At least I had a pretty nurse; could have been Rita Webb or Hattie Jaques...

• Haha 3

My err what did I do....

Um....

I went sailing in Blue Moon for the first time in about 23 years...

Did things go right? Of course not.

The sail seems to be too tall by about 6 inches. This meant I had to raise the mast by that amount.

Blue Moon is down by the bows by a couple of inches, so I need to move my seat back a bit to balance the boat. This will mean moving all the cam cleats back by the same amount. And the steering controls.

The jib club is fouled by the jib furler line. So a bit of reengineering is required..

But other than that I enjoyed my first sail in nearly 3 years...

• Like 9