My Day

LizG

2 hours ago, NeilB said:

My cousin took her 2 daughters last night, they had some cracking seats!

image.thumb.png.fc48090cfd6e877a2987b49651d7eb8a.png

Oh yes - they are really good seats !

We were in the stands just to the left of that picture - not the best view but quite close to the stage.

A couple of hours out in Horning this morning. Such a beautiful day. Stopped at the Staithe and Willow for coffee. It was ok but nothing special and not sure it will be making it onto our list of favourites and regular stops. There was a group of male cyclists taking over the outside space, plonked in the middle so that anywhere you sat in their little courtyard you couldn't get away from them. Loud voices and lycra tops unzipped ... eeeooooo ... didn't need that at 10 0'clock on a Sunday morning. :default_rofl:

Had a nice walk and then an even nicer ice cream. :27_sunglasses:

IMG_2992.thumb.jpg.1e00fa0c3853fc982c8bafd1499f94ee.jpg

• Like 2

Oh and btw - That potential hotel contract for fitting the glass bi-fold doors to eighty eight en-suites showers.  I put in a price per unit 25% higher than another estimate they had received

I got word on Friday that the contract is mine!  So, what with other confirmed tiling jobs already booked in, ones work diary is now fully booked up to 19th Dec :default_icon_e_surprised:

Griff

• Like 10

8 hours ago, SwanR said:

A couple of hours out in Horning this morning. Such a beautiful day. Stopped at the Staithe and Willow for coffee. It was ok but nothing special and not sure it will be making it onto our list of favourites and regular stops. There was a group of male cyclists taking over the outside space, plonked in the middle so that anywhere you sat in their little courtyard you couldn't get away from them. Loud voices and lycra tops unzipped ... eeeooooo ... didn't need that at 10 0'clock on a Sunday morning. :default_rofl:

Had a nice walk and then an even nicer ice cream. :27_sunglasses:

IMG_2992.thumb.jpg.1e00fa0c3853fc982c8bafd1499f94ee.jpg

Your picture however was before 10:00 maybe around 09:30 as buoy 5 at the clubhouse is in place, but buoy X near Southquays entrance, and buoy 1 just short the top corner are missing .

Had you turned your camera right about 45 degrees, it would have broken at the sight of me at the clubhouse front getting my boat ready.

• Like 2

On 10/07/2022 at 15:44, BroadAmbition said:

Oh and btw - That potential hotel contract for fitting the glass bi-fold doors to eighty eight en-suites showers.  I put in a price per unit 25% higher than another estimate they had received

I got word on Friday that the contract is mine!  So, what with other confirmed tiling jobs already booked in, ones work diary is now fully booked up to 19th Dec :default_icon_e_surprised:

Griff

Heard a rumour that you were the only one willing to work while the showers are occupied :default_icon_redface:.

Kindest Regards

Marge and Parge

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 16/07/2022 at 17:24, NeilB said:

It belongs to the pub as does all the grass, the carpark, the sailing club land...

Generally the pub does let anyone Moor there, that's between the end of the gravel path and the Southern Comfort. Beyond the gravel path it's the sailing clubs Moorings..

However on some occasions the Pub "allows" that mooring for special purposes. I know several sailing club members take the mooring for regatta week every year (30th July to 5th August this year) and keep their broads cruisers on it.. What their deal with the pub is I don't know.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TheQ said:

It belongs to the pub as does all the grass, the carpark, the sailing club land...

Generally the pub does let anyone Moor there, that's between the end of the gravel path and the Southern Comfort. Beyond the gravel path it's the sailing clubs Moorings..

However on some occasions the Pub "allows" that mooring for special purposes. I know several sailing club members take the mooring for regatta week every year (30th July to 5th August this year) and keep their broads cruisers on it.. What their deal with the pub is I don't know.

We've used it over many years,  were trying to keep it quiet though, as often empty. :default_sad:

After two and half weeks on the Broads

9E78A017-C0A3-4CD2-8412-07BA1FD1B44B.thumb.jpeg.f8e9d7e11712e57291a5e9071c8abc85.jpeg

and then half a week in Scotland making sure my son was safe up a ladder refurbishing and painting his window surrounds, 

F079ADF5-CFCA-4F4E-8BD4-09478223B137.thumb.jpeg.b09aa8dd6ea4396519d7ddcfc17c5564.jpeg

it was meant to be a big allotment day today. I managed till 3.30 when the rain got a bit too persistent for even me to work in. 
A big box of produce for my friend who’s been watering the greenhouse,

26C024C8-6D10-4512-B633-6B9C7533575C.thumb.jpeg.f7d505990bb535e0c41900781b2f338f.jpeg

autumn planted onions and garlic dug up and put in cold frame for drying, although they won’t need much drying this year. I’m glad I got them safely stored before this afternoon’s rain.
005591D6-FF64-4EA0-BCE9-D4E2DF460C74.thumb.jpeg.551a53f5371b7ad74d00e529a7e56ca0.jpeg

Half a goosegog bush (of four) picked, grapevines had a haircut, as did the cordon apples and pears, one plum tree (of four) picked before the wasps had too many and wasp sugar traps now erected, lots of gladioli and dahlias to put in the house,

D9017EB3-D2A5-4C9D-9F4A-AEEDA4546399.thumb.jpeg.3b977b6f11dc1d00abc1ccad9dd5418f.jpeg

outdoor cucumbers and tomatoes are about starting. Wasps have been munching the remains of the rasps, I picked what was good but a lot have dried up in last week’s heat. The autumn rasps aren’t ripe yet so it won’t be rasps every day from July to November this year, but I have got more in the freezer than normal.
All in all, it’s a really bumper year for all types of fruit. Even my grapevines will yield very well if I can keep the powdery mildew at bay till they are sweet enough to pick for winemaking in October. 
I should have picked peas and dug potatoes too but that can wait till tomorrow. 
It’ll take me a few days to get the allotments back to how I like them, just ready to be off again on the boat!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Typical Scottish house, pebble dash...

Sailing today a bit too windy, not many about at Horning some because of the wind, some up at Wroxham for the start of their regatta.

Liz did some rallying up a dyke.

Saw Pipedreams go past, then shortly after had a passing word with Broad Ambition.

Didn't do too well at the sailing, weed, the mainsail slipped, a bit to much wind for BM.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Typical Scottish house, pebble dash.

Yes, you’re absolutely right. They look so grey and drab and Richard’s looks decidedly like a prison building with the small windows. But round the back is another story; beautiful sunny little garden. 

Happy sailing. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

That looks like a wonderful crop of goodies. I’m afraid I haven’t even visited our plot since being home. No energy! (Me, that is.) Alec watered the plot yesterday and I’m hoping Harry will this evening. 

You don’t need to Helen, you just need to take it easy for a few days. Let the boys do the work!
I was pleased the caulies are coming on stream now, we love cauliflower cheese. 

• Like 1

It was a return to hot weather here. Probably about 30 degrees. Hasn’t rained for so long that even the water butt is empty. As we are trying to conserve water, and as we are on a meter, the garden is having to take its chances. There is no green green grass of home, only something that looks more like straw. Not that I’m complaining about this run of settled weather, a better summer than some years. We just need some rain and temperatures a little cooler than they are today. 

Everything looks like straw on the east side of the Pennines. When we went over the top of the A66 it changed to a fresh green.

Our lawn also looks like straw with occasional burnt off brown circles thanks to the dog! And nothing in the waterbutts, although maybe that's changed today. Hopefully so as I need to top up the pond as soon as I can.

Id be happy if it rained every night of the year, with dry weather during the day!

• Like 2