My Day

LizG

I get it,but overall most shop units are in use.Dont often sadly see that in many high streets.We found  some useful  shops.One of which we may buy items for the boat.Can't believe how many pubs are there,and as I said will try the Mediterranean Restaurant one day.

• Like 1

Yesterday I ended up back down South and moored up along the Chet. Seeing as it was such a beautiful day I had a walk in Loddon and Chedgrave passing the Staithe on the way

20220819_143013.thumb.jpg.83691f66623839d3e20c0aa20bde896e.jpg

I happened to bump into friends and many hours later I walked it back :default_drinks:

20220819_213556.thumb.jpg.2599ee90b935639d8a3941494ed3101d.jpg

Thursday of last week I was on the rivers

Sunday (Yesterday) I was assisting setting up clay traps and trialling the flight of said clays, expanded about 100 cartridges.  Then in the afternoon had a rare trip out on the Mighty Tiger to Willingham woods, there must have been over 150 bikes parked up

That's all three of my main leisure interests attended to in a four day spell

Three of my five grandsons here, one day they will be big enough for a ride-out pillion with their Grandad.  One day they will be big enough to ride the mighty Tiger themsens.

This Saturday we are due to be at a private clay shoot / cooperate day, Two of em may be having a go with a cut down 410 shotgun - hopefully.   The next day we are all due to be onboard 'B.A' although I'll not be riding down to boat on the Tiger sadly - Purdey is a rubbish pillion

Griff

BA NBN 1192.jpg

BA NBN 1193.jpg

BA NBN 1194.JPG

• Like 10
  • Love 2

Onedrive has spit out a "ON THIS DAY" from eight years ago. I remember watching these two through the kitchen window.

Mrs Pheasant robbing the bird table and the Sparrow Hawk thinking " that would keep us going for a while"

Quality is not too good as taken standing back in the kitchen through double glazing.

P1030587.thumb.JPG.3976eb93f6660ea56f8ea8583d37915f.JPGP1030585.thumb.JPG.642dfa79b8f2d9aff76eb38186f948e6.JPGP1030591.thumb.JPG.71a9293240129906b58b939471856a68.JPGP1030589.thumb.JPG.cd3487d41128e6d0da1cb6ee4a38f33b.JPG1509130185_P10305882.thumb.JPG.069fc0baf25ac725f768d01f90289ded.JPGP1030586.thumb.JPG.67c8bd0273f60e1b0677f7b6d8821d6e.JPGWP_20140824_002.thumb.jpg.5f45617f978b471b4000a57b240011bd.jpg

• Like 2

On 20/08/2022 at 18:01, BroadsExplorer said:

Yesterday I ended up back down South and moored up along the Chet. Seeing as it was such a beautiful day I had a walk in Loddon and Chedgrave passing the Staithe on the way

20220819_143013.thumb.jpg.83691f66623839d3e20c0aa20bde896e.jpg

I happened to bump into friends and many hours later I walked it back :default_drinks:

20220819_213556.thumb.jpg.2599ee90b935639d8a3941494ed3101d.jpg

It's a lovely place to be at Loddon those photos are brilliantly taken👍9

Blimey what a full day I have had.

Up at 0630, then my phone is ringing at 0700, it's a mate, I lent him my 'GriffTile' van late last night after emptying it out.  He can't get it started.  On togs, drive round in Mrsg's Q5 to his in the next village with spare key in hand.  I can't get it sorted either, I suspect a faulty ignition barrel.  Ring RAC and leave him to await their arrival.

Off to a clients to grout 2 x number wall tiles for a previous client arrived on time at 0830

Stop off at a ATM to unlock one of my bank cards that had somehow locked itsen

Home, collect two of four new fleeces that I have some artwork done on them, two of them wrongly, drive over to printers to get their mistake corrected

Home - Van - faulty barrel, needs a new un.  Rang my mechanic contact, he will order a barrel to match present keys on Tuesday (Closed until after bank holiday) then fit during the week.  RAC managed a temporary start so van delivered back to my drive, drive my mate home in MrsG's car.

Load car up with three different gauge shotguns, appropriate cartridges, numerous shooting paraphernalia and Purdey dog.  Drive over to another neighbouring village collect a shooting mate, then off to venue arrived at 1145 only 15 mins adrift.  More on this one on t shooting thread

Deep breath.  Great afternoon, left venue at 1900

Home, shooting gear stowed, shower / change, then me, MrsG and Purdey dog off to a mates 50th garden party at his place.  Another great evening.  Home for 2330

Tomorrow it's up early, pack car, collect one number grandson, drive down to 'B.A' meet up with Daughter, her fiancé and two more grandsons for a week afloat.

Time for bed said Zebedee 

Griff

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On Sunday  we had Broadland Model Railway Clubs first Show since Covid..

The show itself went well we had enough visitors to cover our costs, half a dozen or so expressed an interest in joining the club, which is one our main aims, to recruit more members.

Sadly our guest trader was in hospital, so we only had our second hand stall, plus 9 layouts.. 3 of which were under development including mine..

The Show seemed to go down well, as did my Layout "Tiree",  The T84 radar happily rotated for the entire show with out problems and one or two people recognised it..

We have a new member, who's wife is a professional caterer.. and we had the best food I've had at many a show.. Much better than all outside shows I've been to, and cheaper as well.

Should we decide to use this hall again, we'll need better signage, its a very tiny entrance road to spot, and there are limited places we can put up signs. They'll have to be specially made.

• Like 3

Yesterday around 14.30 we had a Flying Fortress circling overhead. After that, several Merlin engines could be heard as a succession of warbirds put on fake dog fights and displays. At one point there was a formation of two Spitfires, a Huricane and an ME109. Then a Lancaster frightened the rooftiles. 

Yes folks, it's Victory Show time again, same again today with a rumour the Red Arrows may put in a appearance. My front lawn is available for rent if you're quick...:default_jumelles:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

A day of two happenings, one positive, one not so.

The positive-we have a cunning plan to help overcome the energy price rises. A hard few days moving wood from the site of my better half’s hedgelaying work last winter. The field was inaccessible in the winter due to the crop so all the brash was piled into the ditch and headland. The farm has now harvested, and the lads have moved it all into the field. So poor old Tony is now having to sort it all out and chainsaw it up.
image.thumb.jpeg.82b26e1c63ab9af4fa4aea99648d7d7c.jpeg
Good wood too-hawthorn and ash. Two trailer loads a day with me in charge of stacking back home.
BCB9CC95-C94A-4FE5-8ECB-33116EB11E14.thumb.jpeg.72bb39f20773c6e4f4d1cbc3fbb5cffa.jpeg

Another 5 or 6 days of this should clear it, but think our storage capacity might fall short. We’ll have to stack some at the allotment. The wood won’t actually be used this winter as it needs to season, but our seasoned wood should see us through this winter with the woodburner keeping us snug. 
99C62B4B-B6BA-4AEA-BF1D-7598D2A2E8E1.thumb.jpeg.ef3310c47bf570a507ad843363dedff5.jpeg

Then the not so positive -in between trailer loads of wood, I had to cut out all the mildewed grapes from my vines. I’ve lost about half the crop so far, but no doubt will lose it all as once it takes hold, it’s very difficult to get rid of. That’s about 70 bottles of wine!!
3266455F-6288-45CE-A45D-A49A41291B03.thumb.jpeg.2e1691b4508f52b77cc8e5d450ec619d.jpeg

I have religiously sprayed with organic sulphur (the only thing available to non-commercial users) all season, kept the rows tidy and trim to let the air get in, but it’s been so hot and dry that powdery mildew just loves it. My only hope is that they ripen earlier than normal and I can harvest them before it gets too much worse. But being at the boat for the rest of September might scupper that. 

Then to cap it all, all that work put my back into spasm, so co-codamol and a hot bath was required. 

Oh well, with the energy bill saving I’ll be able to afford a few bottles of wine to make up for my lost crop!

• Like 1

The sweet spot for military aircraft is just above Norwich. Dog fights, to the East and to the North. Mostly F15 and the 35. Around 20,000ft. You do not see them, but certainly hear them. At 27000 USA heavy, coming into Mildenhall, fighters into Lakenheath, and  who knows that which comes into Marham. . Some you see, some you hear. 

Some come in, early, very early in the morning.

All a bit spooky.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kpnut said:

Then the not so positive -in between trailer loads of wood, I had to cut out all the mildewed grapes from my vines. I’ve lost about half the crop so far, but no doubt will lose it all as once it takes hold, it’s very difficult to get rid of. That’s about 70 bottles of wine!!
3266455F-6288-45CE-A45D-A49A41291B03.thumb.jpeg.2e1691b4508f52b77cc8e5d450ec619d.jpeg

I have religiously sprayed with organic sulphur (the only thing available to non-commercial users) all season, kept the rows tidy and trim to let the air get in, but it’s been so hot and dry that powdery mildew just loves it. My only hope is that they ripen earlier than normal and I can harvest them before it gets too much worse. But being at the boat for the rest of September might scupper that. 

Then to cap it all, all that work put my back into spasm, so co-codamol and a hot bath was required. 

Oh well, with the energy bill saving I’ll be able to afford a few bottles of wine to make up for my lost crop!

I have to admit, whilst readng your post I was in tears. I really feel the devastation of such pain, such loss....... 70 bleeding bottles of wine, just gone :default_crying1animated:

Seriously though, look after your back and enjoy your time on your boat in September. Remember, long gone are the days of professionals recommending resting an injured back, they just dont like being left to seize up.

Take care KP Nuts :default_biggrin:

17 minutes ago, BroadsExplorer said:

Remember, long gone are the days of professionals recommending resting an injured back, they just dont like being left to seize up.

You’re right, but it screams at me if I do too much! I usually work through it, but just sometimes it pulls me up short. Consequence of years of not taking notice of ‘safe lifting’ techniques, with massive op in 2011 more of less sorting it out. 
One thing to rejoice over-one less day of hard graft on winemaking day. We usually have a nice day, with a harvest lunch etc but I must admit, it’s a long day. 
With the glut of fruit this season though, it’ll be wine of different varieties this year. Plum wine now on the go. And I’ll try a blend of apples for cider later too, always a bit hit and miss, depending on what proportions of different varieties I put in. 

Thanks too for your kind words Jean. A few weeks on the boat will be enough r+r to last a while!

• Like 2

Ooo, that pain from a seized up back! Take care Kate. It’s really hard isn’t it, trying to keep mobile enough to help the back loosen up, but not to overdo it.

I occasionally get back problems, but not as bad as when I was in my 20s. My job at the time required getting a large bag of currency out of a low safe. Not surprising that I did my back ligaments a mischief. A lot of women get back problems during pregnancy, due to back ligaments softening. I had the opposite. My back got better! 

• Like 2