Ellie Smells!

Timbo

2 minutes ago, Gracie said:

My dad likes Brut, apparently it still makes my Mum weak at the knees, far too much information lol :facepalm:

I'm going to get im indoors some of that Old Spice Stuart mentioned, might even buy him a Police uniform too :default_norty:

Grace

Didn't know you could still buy it, or having discovered the effects it had, did your dad buy a lifetime supply?

1 hour ago, Gracie said:

Hi Phil

You can still buy Brut on line and Mum thinks that Asda do a gift pack, they did last year anyway

Okay Jay, I will make an exception for you with the flirting thing :default_wink: :default_icon_kiss:

Grace

Thanks for the info, but I think I will stick with Hi Karate

2 hours ago, High6 said:

I have most of a bottle of 1970's vintage Brut if anyone would like it. Tried it once, and the dog wasn't too keen either.

Back in the day , most of the lads wore " Brut " and the girls wore " Gingham "

• 2 weeks later...

All this talk of Brut and Old Spice is not going to get you in the good books with the Mrs you know? If you want to guarantee there will be no raised eyebrows next time you nip off for a swift shandy down the boozer, or buy that new heating system for the boat...or indeed buy a boat without proper due consultation with SWMBO then what you need is...

In this episode, my nearest and dearest discusses what Timbo smells like! Fame at last!

While on the subject of fragrance, I met an interesting chap last week. A fragrance creator whose family have been in the industry since the 6th Century AD. Of course, the historian in me was instantly fascinated. Muhammed had come to consult with Ellie regarding new fragrances he had created. It was fascinating to watch the effect the fragrance had on the general public. These fragrances are what you would call erm...expensive. Only two hundred of each to be made, but people could not help themselves but immediately stop, and walk towards the counter where Muhammed was showing Ellie the latest preparations. 

I had to chuckle when he showed Ellie a hand blown bottle he'd had created for a fragrance he'd made specifically for one of the Saudi princesses. The bottle had cost £20K. He'd had a wooden box made to hold it that had cost £600.
"You need to talk to Tim, he makes better boxes". said Ellie.

You know the way my sense of humour works by now? Chatting with Muhammed we discovered we were both at the same college in the same university at the same time. By this time we were gassing for England. Mohammed was telling me he was flying to Saudi with new fragrance samples the following week with the British trade delegation.
"It helps if they handle things" Muhammed laughed nervously.
I was about to ask 'why' when a vision of a chap called Muhammed trying to get samples of liquids onto a plane to Saudi came to mind. It featured the 'snap' of latex gloves!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, brundallNavy said:

I don’t believe that someone would buy a boat without telling the other half and even have the audacity to pass it off as a friends.

:default_coat:

Doug.

You too eh? :default_biggrin:

Then again, some years ago I wanted to buy a Vauxhall Cresta. I was told in no uncertain terms that such a purchase would result in removal of items I hold dear followed by much eye watering. 

Anyway I bought said Vauxhall and tucked it away out of sight. I then bought a magazine on classis busses, circled a couple of double deckers in the classifieds, made some notes on the page and left it open on top of the telly. A few weeks later it was casually suggested that I could have that bloody car if I still wanted it..... 

Hiding a 42 ft wooden broads cruiser was more of a challenge though :facepalm:

• Like 5

Tim Tim Tim, Chanel Bleu is a bit passe now mate, Christian Dior Sauvage is now the new "in"one.

For the younger ladies Carolina Herrera Good Girl and for more mature tastes the new Chanel fragrance is nice too. 

Old Spice / Pacco Rabanne / Brut 33/ and anything by Lynx / Insignia just remind me of over anxious teenage years and applying talk where talk should not be applied.

• Like 1

On 05/12/2017 at 10:53, Polly said:

I enjoyed the blog Tim, and I'd be interested to know what my current Chanel (Chance) is blended from.

I mentioned 'Chance' very briefly to Ellie just now Pauline.
"Love it!" was her reply in between simultaneously serving a customer, talking to security on her headset and watching potential shoplifters.
As she was nodding vigorously and making cine camera type motions...I think she's going to do a review on Chance. Either that or it's a film, two words, three syllables, first word...

On 06/12/2017 at 12:54, Malanka said:

Tim Tim Tim, Chanel Bleu is a bit passe now mate, Christian Dior Sauvage is now the new "in"one.

For the younger ladies Carolina Herrera Good Girl and for more mature tastes the new Chanel fragrance is nice too. 

Old Spice / Pacco Rabanne / Brut 33/ and anything by Lynx / Insignia just remind me of over anxious teenage years and applying talk where talk should not be applied.

Sauvage? Sauvage? Let me check my Winter Roster of fragrances...hmmm, yes it's here. 
Winter Roster.jpg

It comes down the list though, I prefer the Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense. However as you may see, Tom Ford get's a good look in with Extreme and Noir. Amouage is a must...Jubilation XXV the current fav from them but not as much as the Creed. Ah yes, Creed, now we are talking! Vetiver, Silver Mountain Water, Royal Mayfair, Virgin Island Water, Bois de Portugal, Green Irish Tweed (known as GIT in fragrance circles, Ellie says the name captures my very essence, perfectly) and of course the top fragrance for men... Aventus. 

I'm hoping Santa brings me a new bottle of Creed Erolfa, the Aventus is running low too, but I'm after the one they made with Grendel in mind...Viking!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's part two of Ellie's Guide to Chanel Fragrances this Christmas. \

Get the better half one of these ones for Christmas and you are guaranteed to get permission to join the crew on Lad's Week!
Someone asked where we filmed and were shocked to discover it was my living room.
"What? It's all clean and white! Where's all the sawdust and beagle hair then?"

I overheard and saw two of our neighbours do a really good Les Dawson impression the other day.
"What's going on in there?" asked one as they saw the studio lights flick on.
"They are making 'films'!"
"What sort of films?" asked the other over the garden fence.
"Well, I've heard they are 'films'" said the first folding her arms and whispering.

• 1 month later...

It takes a certain kind of maniac, more than likely a member of the NBN, to design fragrances. The kind of bloke that would think "When I've finished with Bambi's nether regions all this stuff needs is a good dollop of whale poop!". 

'So what has 'ol Timbo been doing with himself?' I hear you all clammering. Oddly enough I've been applying the skills I've learned boating to making films about perfume. I've redesigned and rebuilt Ellie's set and spent many hours researching things like continuous white backdrops, and product photography and getting to grips with shutter speed, frame rate, aperture and ISO. I've built a home-made version of Kenoflow lighting and display stands for fragrance bottles. Take a look at my handiwork! 

The 'brownie-points' are indeed amassing! I received not just one bottle of Creed for Christmas but three including Creed Green Irish Tweed, Aventus and the Viking. A week later I was lucky enough to get two more bottles of Creed, Creed Himalaya and Royal Oud along with a bottle of Tom Ford Noir Anthracite for my birthday! More importantly, I've amassed so many brownie-points that Ellie has already started sorting out days off so I can get back to finishing the boat!!!!!!

So thanks everyone for all your support and I hope there will be some fine smelling boaters out there this year?  I'm off to polish me camera as Ellie has just informed of, not so much 'what' I'm filming this week, as 'who' I'm filming.  Right I'm off as I'm starting negotiations with Maurice Mynah and Grendel regarding a new perfume house...well if it's maniacs you are after....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Unfortunately I discovered Pengaligons a few years ago , beautiful perfumes and aftershaves but now costing upwards of £100 a bottle 

Excellent stuff is Penhaligons but I'll soon get you onto the Creed, a snip at £200 to £258 a bottle! I think Ellie put a Creed in the raffle prize at the spring meet last year. I only started with the good stuff to lose weight...I blame MM. Every time MM pulls up in Nyx I start craving fish and chips! :facepalm:

• Haha 3