Independence - Updates | Maintenance & Care

LondonRascal

I know it's been said by many already on previous posts, BUT, to Robin and all of TEAM INDY - THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU for letting us share your adventures these last few days - I don't think Robin could have picked a better team of friends to crew her with him on her maiden voyage.

I don't usually think much of social media as it normally just seems to involve photos of what someone had for dinner last night, but thanks to this and other threads it's come of age.

All the best for the future Robin & Team Indy :-)

PS. not quite sure how I will fill the coming few days with :default_beerchug:  Cheers Doug

23 minutes ago, Maxwellian said:

Ricardo. There is a thread for submitting for the calendar. Lovely photo.

Er did I suggest it for the calendar in the first place  , I wouldn't dream of it .

11 minutes ago, Snowy said:

Or and it’s just a thought, he doesn’t want the world to know where she is moored

even though she could be seen from space :default_coat:

What like the great wall of China ? :default_biggrin:

8 minutes ago, donnygeoff said:

What's he doing to your other one 

:default_biggrin:

Careful he's attack bird both me and team dog have been on the receiving end of the beak more than once :default_biggrin:

10 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Some adventure eh?

Griff

Those last three words summed up the spirit shown on this epic winter journey.

From too much water to not enough. Mechanical (Possibly) issues out of  your control to ones within your control.

Breaking Bulkhead lamps

Cracked skulls

Hell of a shakedown cruise this

Lack of hot wet stuff whilst underway (Not good to starve a Yorkeshireman of his beverage)

Wetherspoons profit forecast has come out this morning shot up 5 points on the FTSE

Amd all I could see when I came on board Sunday night were beaming faces saying we have done this and will carry on

Guys I salute you

And next time I see you all, there's another beer on the bar for you all

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Well thank God that's over and ended well. I have followed every inch of the journey over the last few days and it has been a hell of a journey!  As a pensioner, I heave a sigh of relief that  the UK's productivity figures have now  returned to something like normal and if they haven't GET BACK TO WORK, YOU LOT!

Seriously, you have all learned a lot about Indy, her capabilities, and foibles, about each other and about yourselves.  You should all be proud of your achievement which, given the time of year,  the weather and the fact that Indy was a relatively unknown quantity , should not be underestimated.  

HATS OFF TO ALL OF YOU.

Cheers  :default_beerchug:

Steve

• Like 6