General Information Booklet

Bigplumbs

Hello

Being new to boating on the broads I have been printing off all sorts of information regarding tides and bridge heights etc from the Internet. I was wondering if you all could point me in the direction of the best publication that I could buy and have all this in one place

Thanks

Dennis and Catherine

Welcome to the forum. Try and get hold of a copy of Broadcaster 2018. The information in there will be up to date. Together with the suggestions from Bound2Please and grendel, you should have everything you need. Are you hiring this year and if so, when and where from? That information may help others in making suggestions for you too. Hope you enjoy the Broads - beware, it can fast become addictive!

Hi Dennis and Catherine,

If you want something in paper form you would find "The Complete Guide to the Broads" very informative. It used to be re-issued annually but is not published anymore. There are some used ones on Amazon which age from about 2007 so not too bad - the rivers and what you can find on them are mapped page by page. There is also a distance calculator at the back. Anyway if you are interested, good second hand copies starting at around £3 including postage are available here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Guide-Norfolk-Broads/dp/0711729999

5ad3136fc3c89_broadsbook.jpg.d42702af6e69d73fe0bc33a988e78e5c.jpg

Regards
David

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.

We still have our copy of The Complete Guide to the Broads (circa 2009) on the boat. Having the rivers broken up into pages with relevant information is very handy. Of course some of the info is outdated but it's still good for general stuff and as has been said you can gather additional info from other sources.

Hello

Thanks for the suggestions so far. We are not hiring we have bought a Sealine S24 which we are keeping at St Olaves marina. I have another boat 19 foot fletcher bowrider that I keep on a swing mooring on the River Deben at Felixstowe and a rib and a bow rider that I trailer so I am not new to boating. I generally only need to worry about tides so all this bridge stuff is new to me :). As I said I sort of wanted a single publication in paper format that I can keep on the boat. I will also look at the app

Thanks

Dennis and Catherine

1 hour ago, Bound2Please said:

A warm :default_welcome: to the NBN from me and the Wench (some call her Inge) Bigplumbs. There uis a simple answr to your request. Get the NBN mobile app then all the info you need will be on your phone.

Regards Charlie

Charlie

Is that the actual name of the App cos I cant seem to find it on the Apps Store ?

Regards

Dennis

58 minutes ago, Bound2Please said:

Hello Dennis

The name of the app is  " Norfolk Broads Network " I hope this helps you find

Regards Charlie

I have found it on Android so it is now on my tablet. I cant seem to find it for Apple for the Iphone is this correct or am I just stupid (which is a distinct possibility)

Dennis

2 hours ago, Bigplumbs said:

Hello

Thanks for the suggestions so far. We are not hiring we have bought a Sealine S24 which we are keeping at St Olaves marina. I have another boat 19 foot fletcher bowrider that I keep on a swing mooring on the River Deben at Felixstowe and a rib and a bow rider that I trailer so I am not new to boating. I generally only need to worry about tides so all this bridge stuff is new to me :). As I said I sort of wanted a single publication in paper format that I can keep on the boat. I will also look at the app

Thanks

Dennis and Catherine

In that case the Broads tide tables booklet (only £1 and has a whole raft of info other than tide details) will be ideal for you. Covers 1April 2018 to 31 March 2019. That, Broadcaster and the apps should give you all you need. Happy boating.

4 hours ago, Bigplumbs said:

Hello

Being new to boating on the broads I have been printing off all sorts of information regarding tides and bridge heights etc from the Internet. I was wondering if you all could point me in the direction of the best publication that I could buy and have all this in one place

Thanks

Dennis and Catherine

Welcome

ok someone has to ask

Bigplumbs? :default_icon_wave:

So Bigplumbs. You will notice it has a b in it from Plumbum the old fashioned name for Lead.

My other hobby is Radio controlled planes and to balance them on the centre of gravity I offton needed to put quite a lot of lead in the nose and my friends called me big lead which I chanced to bigplumbs.

I am sure this is not the reason some were thinking

Dennis

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hello Dennis & Catherine welcome to the forum, please tell us a little about yourselves.

Regards

Alan

Well there is myself (Dennis) and my wife or (Her indoors) Catherine and out little dog Poppy.

I am a Chartered

Well there is myself (Dennis) and my wife or (Her indoors) Catherine and our little dog Poppy.

I am a Chartered Surveyor and am semi retired. Catherine works in Insurance and still works but only 4 days a week

We have 6 boats mostly Fletcher Speed boats and if anyone askes why 6 the answer is because 7 would be extravagant .

We recently acquired the Sealine S24 as we wanted a boat to overnight in. We were originally going to move it to Felixstowe as we are mainly sea boaters but we liked St Olaves from where we bought it so decided to keep it there for at least a year.

That will do for a start :)

Dennis