Petite Magnum

BITTERNBOY

We used to hire this boat from Easticks many years ago, fond memories. I remember it was one of the first hire boats to have a video player and you got to choose 4 films from their library. she had a spacious forward cabin / lounge and a double 4 poster ! cabin. The main attraction for us was the rear open deck with table and chairs to sit out and have meals and a few sundowners...ah the memories.

Just wondered with all the new builds going for sleek looks and all the mod cons whether something like dear old Petite Magnum's layout would be popular today ? ........

PETITE MAGNUM DECK jpg.jpg

PETITE MAGNUM.jpg

• Like 2

Ah yes, Petite Magnum was a very rare variant of the Bounty 37 design. I like the idea of the extra large stern deck and I think that would work well on a large modern forward steer. I don't know why the idea never caught on. Before Petite Magnum was at Easticks it was at Harvey Eastwood. 

Where exactly was Easticks at Acle? Was it downstream of the bridge where Alan Johnson was? 

I like the aft sun deck!!! Perfect for being stern moored of an evening, especially if moored somewhere with a BBQ like Salhouse. I have never seen this model before, shame they didn’t catch on.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Yes, I remember these. They were originally from the original Ferry Marina in Horning, then went to Harvey Esstwoods, then to Eastivks (I think?) but to be honest, I couldn't see the point, as you've already got the sliding roof over proper furnature, rather than sit out on white plastic patio furnature? I think the latest Ferry Marina have some equally quirky odd designs, is that coincidence, or are they the same company?.

The boat you saw at Stalham is almost certainly Kiedra which was owned by some friends of ours and moored at Sutton Staithe boatyard for over 10 years until they sold it via Wayford earlier this year.On Craig's website of Broads boat they are described as Bounty 37s

Boycee

53 minutes ago, boycee said:

The boat you saw at Stalham is almost certainly Kiedra which was owned by some friends of ours and moored at Sutton Staithe boatyard for over 10 years until they sold it via Wayford earlier this year.On Craig's website of Broads boat they are described as Bounty 37s

Boycee

You’re probably right. I didn’t actually take much note of the name. I just assumed that there weren’t too many around. 

• 2 weeks later...

Great memories of holidays on this boat sitting out on the aft deck watching the sunset with a glass or two. Looks like she could do with a bit of TLC but not looking bad for an old girl. I still think there would be a call for this design in a few modern Broads boats. I for one would look to hire something similar.

• Like 1